So All You Mountain Bike Sporty Peeps ....

GTV V6

Car(s)
Audi TT V6, Skoda Octavia vRS NX
I'm thinking about buying this ...

Orbea Master Hydro

A bit of Spanish there but you should be able to get a grip of the basics...

699 euros (Approx 900 USD)

Spanish made (I live in Spain) so guarantee is good..., good component set, a bit heavy, but not too bad...

I'll be using it for medium trail / off road stuff, nothing really serious...

What do you think ?

Well, I really couldn't tell what components it has, but the frame at least looks solid enough for light dirt/trails. You'll want to consider a full-suspension though if you're at all thinking about doing any serious DH/FR in the conceivable future.

People buy new bikes? Over here you can get a rarely used one for 1/10000 the price on criagslist. :p Anyhow...

English link:
http://www.orbea.com/en/bicis/modelos/master_hydro/ficha_tecnica/

For what he wants a hard tail will be plenty. A full suspension will cost at least twice as much and will require more effort to move.

I'm not familiar with the brand or parts. I'd do some Interweb searching for reviews (Amazon and the like).

I'm not really up to date on bikes, but I have an '05 Haro Extreme X1. It's got discs- they're fantastic. The full suspension is great too, but it's a heavy bike, I think about 28-30lbs. I ride fairly technical trails and I am happy with what I've got. I haven't experienced any problems that couldn't be rectified with WD40.

Go to a store and test ride it if you can, that's the best way to determine if it's right for you.

Go to a store and test ride it if you can, that's the best way to determine if it's right for you.

best to do it, if you can. i wouldn't want to buy a bike without it trying it out first. there's always things that can bug you, which you wouldn't realize any other way.
apart from that it looks like quite a good build, especially for the money you'd be paying...