So how lame was the San Jose Grand Prix?

joemoefro

Pretty lame.
I was there for friday and it was actually cooler because nobody was there and you could walk around and stuff. And nobody was checking tickets or anything so you could sit anywhere.

Then on saturday, it was soooo shitty. They put in a chicane in before a passing zone because some Trans Am car's brake fluid was boiling. May I ask, who really cars about Trans Am racing when the headliner is the Champ cars. Also, if your brake fluid is boiling, its time to adapt to the situation and brake for a longer period of time. And, Getting around the grand prix was awful, there was this one pedestrian bridge where it took 20 minutes of waiting in the hot sun to get across.

Basically, thinking that running a street course anywhere will be a good race is totally bunk. I'm lucky I didn't have to pay for my tickets. Next year I won't touch the Grand prix with a 80 mile pole

Re: So how lame was the San Jose Grand Prix?

joemoefro said:
Pretty lame.
I was there for friday and it was actually cooler because nobody was there and you could walk around and stuff. And nobody was checking tickets or anything so you could sit anywhere.

Then on saturday, it was soooo shitty. They put in a chicane in before a passing zone because some Trans Am car's brake fluid was boiling. May I ask, who really cars about Trans Am racing when the headliner is the Champ cars. Also, if your brake fluid is boiling, its time to adapt to the situation and brake for a longer period of time. And, Getting around the grand prix was awful, there was this one pedestrian bridge where it took 20 minutes of waiting in the hot sun to get across.

Basically, thinking that running a street course anywhere will be a good race is totally bunk. I'm lucky I didn't have to pay for my tickets. Next year I won't touch the Grand prix with a 80 mile pole
Sounds like a pretty shit expierience to me :thumbsdown: Shame you didnt get ur moneys worth aye :(

btw whats wrong with the Trans Am series? I watch em now and then on Fox Sports and they get to visit some amazing tracks.

Well nothing is necessarily wrong with Trans Am. However, they changed the track for them and they weren't even the feature event. Those cars generally do cook their brakes and i'm surprised they were surprised it happened...

so what was with the train tracks .from the video clip Isaw it seemd like the champ cars would break going over that every lap at racing speeds.

I kinda like the trans am races. partially because my uncle works on one of the trans am teams but I think they are fun to watch. Lots of passing action with the slower GTA cars runnign at the same time

why don't you want Trans am to the "gold coast"

Because at the moment, the major pulling catagories at the Gold Coast are the V8's and the Indy cars.

The only reason why the V8's aren't the headliner is because they are home grown and the Indy carts are different and not usually seen here. Having the Trans Am class here would stop another Australian feeder catagory from racing and we don't need that at all.

Leppy said:
Because at the moment, the major pulling catagories at the Gold Coast are the V8's and the Indy cars.

The only reason why the V8's aren't the headliner is because they are home grown and the Indy carts are different and not usually seen here. Having the Trans Am class here would stop another Australian feeder catagory from racing and we don't need that at all.
As Russell Ingall (V8 driver) says: "Its nice to have the Indy cars come and support the V8's". :lol: No one actually comes to see the Indy's really...just the girls 8)

maybe 5 years ago the Indy cars were a bigger drawcard, but the series just is nothing like as strong as it was back then (blame the IRL), but as you say these days the V8's have become the main show up there (I know I watch every second of the V8's, but I haven't watch an Indy car - sorry, Champcar - race for a few years now)