Ownership Verified: So, I bought a Porsche.

ACCEPTED!

Weird--I didn't seem to mention the alternator belt on this car. Does anyone know if I ever provided proof that I reinstalled an alternator belt?

I can't remember if we just rewired the fans and called it a day, or if the belt went back on. I could've sworn there was a belt. I looked down at it this weekend and sure enough, no belt, plus the driver's side fan plug was unplugged. What the crap, 944?

Yay, acceptance! :clap:

And the only thing i can think of regarding belt and plug is norwegian christmas gnomes. They do this shit all the time.
712591-9-1267482517271.jpg

Ew, that race is 4 1/2 hours away. I wonder if I could work time off to come annoy you at that one too.

Alternator gnomes. That explains it!

Turns out, the pulleys were misaligned. D'oh. Also, my alternator was dead. DEAD.

Of course, this happens when I get let go from my job. Because of course.

Joy of joys, though: I found the old alternator, and it works. Yay.

'Lump is going to a shop next week to have the gas leak in turns fixed. I just need to find a truck. :/

Reactions: TC
Sorry to hear about your job. :comfort:

Glad you sorted out the alternator though.

I still need to buy these pics, but...

Screen_Shot_2014-10-20_at_9.21.50_PM.png

IT LIVES!

Screen_Shot_2014-10-20_at_10.27.08_PM.png

I finally returned to TWS, with another 944, at that. I didn't die. The car didn't die. I even got thrown into the blue solo (not the noobs, but in the upper part of the group above the noobs!) group for the first time ever.

Hey, I paid for this trackday before I got let go from my job. Might as well.

Speaking of jobs and such: I am a few hundred short of where I hoped I'd be in terms of LeMonsing. :( I get paid ON LeMons weekend for all the stuff I've been writing, which should help on that weekend, I guess. I've just got zero left, and my contribution to the budget went up in thin air when I got hired.

Urgent needs: pay off the rest of the LeMons fees, figure out how to get ze boyfriend down here for crewing (also, because I miss his face, but having someone used to hoodrat quick rally fixes on hand is a big plus), fuel, and assorted last-minute maintenance. Most of the maintenance is done and the car works great.

I thought I would have some side work this weekend, but that fell through. This timing just couldn't be any worse.

Looks like it's on after all! I have $0 left for much of anything on top of the base fees, but...'k.

So, LeMons is next weekend (yaaaaaay!).

If anyone wants to fart around and hang out, I think a spectator pass is something like $30 a weekend. May be $10 a day, I can never remember.

Anyway, we're short on food, chairs and tools if anyone's nearby. We kind of thought about bringing a camping stove and cooking out, but have no idea who'd have one to borrow this late in the game.

You know, I still dream of going to one of those...
I would gladly help moving around heavy things, cooking or just being a helping hand. :)

Gads, I want to go but it's just bad timing for me. I even have a camp stove I could bring :sad:

Check your donatey-linky thing.

'Lump survived. 4TH IN CLASS B!

You know, I still dream of going to one of those...
I would gladly help moving around heavy things, cooking or just being a helping hand. :)
Do eeeeet!
Yeah, me too. Sadly not on next weekend. :(

oh, have fun! :)
It was cold and I got sick. You may not have missed much except the 944 being awesome.
Gads, I want to go but it's just bad timing for me. I even have a camp stove I could bring :sad:

Check your donatey-linky thing.
HOLY CRAP! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

The car still runs!

So, we're definitely doing ChumpCar at Harris Hill. nugget's in, coco's in, it's a FG party tonight.

Still debating LeMons at ECR the next week. "Don't break my car" goes OVER 9,000 if I decide to do both. Still need to wrangle up drivers for LeMons ECR, though.

The car still runs!

So, we're definitely doing ChumpCar at Harris Hill. nugget's in, coco's in, it's a FG party tonight.

Still debating LeMons at ECR the next week. "Don't break my car" goes OVER 9,000 if I decide to do both. Still need to wrangle up drivers for LeMons ECR, though.

Let me know if you do decide to come by, I still haven't seen this thing in action!

i always see this thread and keep asking myself when coco will buy a porsche as her dd.

Let me know if you do decide to come by, I still haven't seen this thing in action!
Oh, Jalopnik hired me on full-time (YESSSSS) and there's a press tow vehicle on the way: it's ON.
You know what you and Hurley Haywood have in common? You two both race Porsches :D

When's the next Lemons race (that you briefly mentioned to me, but I totally forgot)?
It's 2/28-3/1. Come hang out. Or if you want to suit up and fuel the car...I need a crewperson. Haha.

Actually, I need a whole dang team this time around. I, uh, kind of waited until I was actually employed again to decide whether I was doing it and that only happened this month. Ad is up here, please, drive my car (if you won't break it): http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=29409
i always see this thread and keep asking myself when coco will buy a porsche as her dd.

Eventually!

I need Nugget's Cayenne. If he had ordered it in Mahogany Metallic, I'm not sure I'd have given the keys back. :bunny: "No! Mine!"

Well, like I said on the facebooks, I'll be there to help out in the pits and do other stuff. I think my cousin might come down for a day or maybe two do loaf around and take pictures too (maybe I'm stereotyping there, but he is an auto enthusiast and professional photographer). I'll bring my little camper propane grill and assorted other goods as well. Oh, and this time I'm finding another hotel to stay at, I'd like to say that Americas Best Buzzing Flickering Flourescent Lights and Curry Scented Inn was nice....but it wasn't.

Last edited: