Ownership Verified: So, I bought a Porsche.

Man, my parsh hasn't gotten much love this year. :( This is why.

Wheel bearings were toast after that last track day. There's now a hole in the passenger floorboard from weak steel I need to figure out how to get fixed because that's angled up my front jack point. Otherwise, it's mostly odds and ends. I'm shopping around for better suspension, but in the meantime, eh, it's hilarious chumpy fun to drive still.

I'm severely frustrated with the 'LumpCar team thing lately. I had a recent "Hey, I don't think they expected me to find this post!" moment with a few ex-teammates that made me doubt my faith in humanity. I hate two-faced fake-o "friends."

Can't say your beef to my face? Only show back up to dump on me when I say something you don't like, despite the fact that I really, genuinely needed help and support after my accident earlier this year and you were NOWHERE? And to lose your crap over a completely inconsequential opinion of a car, no less? Get out.

Then there's the fallout from trying to get a last-minute group together for the August ChumpCar race. That didn't happen--there just weren't enough people who wanted to do it left when I got the medical OK to go racing again. Yeah, I know it's bad timing more than anything, but it's still discouraging.

Part of me wants to just give up and get the car better sorted for my own personal hoontime. I hate to tell my one good teammate who's in for next month that I'm putting it off again, though. Ugh. He deserves better! Shoot, I deserve better! It's time for me to get back in the swing of things again, too.

So, I dunno. I'm frustrated, disappointed (in that ragey, you-never-want-to-hear-that-from-your-mom kind of way) and honestly sad. I thought people were better, but I guess not. Part of me wants to latch onto a larger collective that has its crap together so there's a rotating pool of drivers who don't suck. Any big bunch of lemonheads want another team car?

Last edited:
I'd like to join you, but that doesn't help you a bit I guess.

I still need to pick up that Ka! IOE gold, I tell ya!

That Ka is gone, I'll get you another one though whenever you need it!

That Ka is gone, I'll get you another one though whenever you need it!

Haha, that could work! Glad its owner? or someone? claimed it.

Well, we brought it to the scrapyard and got 20? for it, not quite the happy end. But I needed the space in the garage and it wasn't going anywhere else anytime soon.

Well, we brought it to the scrapyard and got 20? for it, not quite the happy end. But I needed the space in the garage and it wasn't going anywhere else anytime soon.

Fair point! RIP, Ka.

Whoah, I had completely missed your accident. Really, really good text about a really bad thing. I feel that the chances of ending up in a big accident are often taken too lightly at amateur level, so reading well written article about consequences is a good reminder.

I really hope you find a way to put the car and team together. :burnrubber:

Thanks!

Well, balls. I need to find a new home for the Parsh. They need the space at the track, and I can't get down there enough as it is anyway.

Anybody know of a good place in Austin for a racecar? Easy space to load on and off of a trailer and accessibility after work hours a must.

I still don't know what to do with my car, but it's probably moving (somewhere?) Thursday. :(

Anyone want to store a Parsh?

I have a spot up here, but it's not cheap and you might find it a pain in the arse to get up here to work on it...

I FOUND SPACE!!!

Someone came through with a link to Craigslist's parking section, and sure enough, there was a garage open in my neighborhood. This is the closest I've ever had the Parsh, so now I have no excuse not to whip it back into shape.

Speaking of the Parsh, it got a whole lot of love this week (like an hour of me just goofing around in the car) and that's kind of what I've been needing for myself, too?mentally, emotionally, everything. I think I just needed the warm, comforting embrace of a rustbucket that wants to snap oversteer when it gets low on gas. The Porsche just kept getting better and better as it ran, though. It became smoother under braking. I guess sitting for so long left a bunch of crud on the rotors to scrape off.

I desperately need to find a place that can patch up a few weak spots, though. There's a hole in the floor, and a lot of new rust around where the seat mounts are. I really want to tie the seat mounts into the cage to make it safer in the case of a crash (they're a little swiss cheesed from multiple seats getting mounted there), and I think I just need to hand off the interior to someone who knows what they're doing to paint it this time so I can keep the cage from rusting. It looks like all the rust is all cosmetic, thank goodness, but cosmetic can turn into not-awesome eventually.

I <3 Parsh.

I desperately need to find a place that can patch up a few weak spots, though. There's a hole in the floor, and a lot of new rust around where the seat mounts are. I really want to tie the seat mounts into the cage to make it safer in the case of a crash (they're a little swiss cheesed from multiple seats getting mounted there), and I think I just need to hand off the interior to someone who knows what they're doing to paint it this time so I can keep the cage from rusting. It looks like all the rust is all cosmetic, thank goodness, but cosmetic can turn into not-awesome eventually.

Dunno if it's going to be terribly useful to you, but I know a welder up here that can cut and weld patches for your floors and tie the cage into the seat mounts. Maybe if you can't find anyone local?

Glad to hear it, coco. :)
Hope you two get some track time soon.

Dunno if it's going to be terribly useful to you, but I know a welder up here that can cut and weld patches for your floors and tie the cage into the seat mounts. Maybe if you can't find anyone local?

Hmm. Possibly! I'm asking around, regardless.

Okay.

Parsh.

We've got to fix the Parsh.

I've been super down recently, so I haven't gotten much done. I'd like to bring it up to Austin so it's in the neighborhood, but I haven't had time. I'm really excited about my Christmas present, though: a waterproof car cover! No more soggy butts!

Wheres Porch now?

On the front of the house. :drums: