So I have $60,000 - what to buy?

I really like the Z4M Coupe. I'd rather have one of those then a new M3, to be honest.

But both Z4M models are close to $5,000 more expensive then the C6. Which leaves room for options, like the Z51 pack.

Every Vette I've seen at dealerships aren't selling for less than $55K new anyway, people tend to get the one with the uprated sound system which comes in a package that adds 5K or so to your total. The price difference between the C6 and the Z4M isn't relatively too much. Comparably equipped (and disregarding markup) you are looking at a few grand max.

I actually looked pretty seriously at getting a 456 as a daily car; the trouble is, no matter how you slice it, you need to factor in costs of about $1.50/mile driven to cover maintenance, etc. While I could have swing the purchase price, putting even 10,000 miles a year on it translates into more than $1,000/month in maintenance expense.

And in truth, unless you have a real use for the back seats, the 550 is a better deal, and with the 599 on the scene, prices of 550's are coming down fast.

Steve

if i had that kind of money right know my biggest dilema won't be to make a group of cars to buy ... chooseing between the last 2, i'd probably loose most of the time trying to test drive all my possible choices, i wloud search day and night for test drives, opinions, videos and so on, so i'm glad you made up your mind, can't wait to get first impression though :p

I actually looked pretty seriously at getting a 456 as a daily car; the trouble is, no matter how you slice it, you need to factor in costs of about $1.50/mile driven to cover maintenance, etc. While I could have swing the purchase price, putting even 10,000 miles a year on it translates into more than $1,000/month in maintenance expense.

And in truth, unless you have a real use for the back seats, the 550 is a better deal, and with the 599 on the scene, prices of 550's are coming down fast.

Steve

Parts also cost several limbs.

guys, dont forget...

fast =/= quick. twisties is where its fun.

fast =/= fun. a slow car can be much funner to drive than a really fast one.(not to mention you can make it as fast as the other cars by modding it)

I agree, my gf's Mini S is a lot of fun to throw around, more fun than my C32, even though it's not particularly quick.

I'll also admit that the vett C6 is a fantastic track car and the interior isn't as boring as a Lotus. But my main gripe with vetts is that they're big, flashy, and scream mid-life crisis. Also, in my experience, every new model vett owner has been an ass hole. But at the same time, every old model vett owner has been pretty cool.

I'm just going to stay away from that car club and stick with the usual Euro club meets :)

Steve

I'm not sure about the newest generation of V12s but they never fall quite as low as the 2+2s which go way waaay down in terms of value. I'd say the 550s are gunna cap at 80k for a number of years, at least unitl the 599 is well underway maybe even upon the release of its M version or the inevitable limited edition convertible.

if I had a bunch of money..and looking for a sports saloon....Alpina B10 Bi-turbo FTMFW

such a timeless car

or an E39 M5 real world....New M3 would be great..but I wouldnt want to buy a new car, as much as I love the E92, getting an E46 M3 would probably have been a better deal after the E92 comes out (as im waiting for E36s to drop haha..)

I can sell my Citrone for 60k, such a timeless car and the performance! Youll never forget it

or an E39 M5 real world....New M3 would be great..but I wouldnt want to buy a new car, as much as I love the E92, getting an E46 M3 would probably have been a better deal after the E92 comes out (as im waiting for E36s to drop haha..)

I've owned both an E36 and an E46 M3, repairs and maintenance are Expensive. That's why I'm looking forward to a new BMW where all I need to worry about is changing the tires and putting gas in it. Also the fact that I can track it, destroy the breaks, and then take it back to BMW and they'll replace the pads and rotors for free :)

I'm not sure if the E36 is going to drop much more, except for some later year ones, as the E30 is going up in price right now.

Ah I wish cars were that cheap over here, all you can get for a 60 000 AUD is an entry level exec.

Here you can get a Rav4 Diesel for 60 USD :p

Here you can get a Rav4 Diesel for 60 USD :p

If you mean the top spec X 2.2 D-4D 177 CLEAN POWER 4WD, its 50k euros, so thats about 72k USD. Maybe 320i BMW could be in the 60k USD range.

If you mean the top spec X 2.2 D-4D 177 CLEAN POWER 4WD, its 50k euros, so thats about 72k USD. Maybe 320i BMW could be in the 60k USD range.

Just checked: You can't even afford a Rav 4 with 60k USD... in Norway :lol:

The entry model with a diesel engine is 68k.

Just checked: You can't even afford a Rav 4 with 60k USD... in Norway :lol:
Well, yay... Communism FTL... :rolleyes: :lol: Top tip: Buy something second hand. We have never bought a new car, only second hand ones that have been imported (The Jag, Range Rover, Scorpio, Capri... etc...)