So I heard back from Discovery about my letter...

JScullin

Car(s)
'00 Mercury Cougar, '13 Ford Fusion 2.0l Ecoboost
Sounded like a generic reply stating that they will forward my comments to the program director & various managements to help them improve (insert show in question here).

I am also told to expect further replies/questions as it works its way up the ladder.

This was from a letter I sent last week after the premeire of TG:A.

Couldn't this have gone in a thread about TG America??, especially since I (along with most others probably) have no idea what the original letter was about.

They didn't send me a copy of what I typed and I hadn't considered saving a copy for myself unfortunatly.

But it basicly covers the things we all gripe about on the TG:A version. Old reviews, awkward new segments, music edits (which really take from the feel of the review), 4:3 squish, colors & commercials, commercials, commercials. Especially ones that cut in the middle of a review. I mentioned I was a big fan of the UK version & how I first found it (didn't mention this site) and why it was better with the pokes at Americans and their cars. I told them that without the news & celebrity parts, plus some careful trimming of boring car reviews the show could be brought over relatively untouched and make the 42min timeline of an avg. 1hr show.

You're limited to the amount of words you can type and I hit that limit. :mrgreen: If anyone had sent their personal feelings about I thought a new thread would be easier to see the reactions instead of digging through the 1 TG:A thread. The site to submit your opinion to Discovery is in the original thread a few times.

JScullin said:
They didn't send me a copy of what I typed and I hadn't considered saving a copy for myself unfortunatly.

But it basicly covers the things we all gripe about on the TG:A version. Old reviews, awkward new segments, music edits (which really take from the feel of the review), 4:3 squish, colors & commercials, commercials, commercials. Especially ones that cut in the middle of a review. I mentioned I was a big fan of the UK version & how I first found it (didn't mention this site) and why it was better with the pokes at Americans and their cars. I told them that without the news & celebrity parts, plus some careful trimming of boring car reviews the show could be brought over relatively untouched and make the 42min timeline of an avg. 1hr show.

You're limited to the amount of words you can type and I hit that limit. :mrgreen: If anyone had sent their personal feelings about I thought a new thread would be easier to see the reactions instead of digging through the 1 TG:A thread. The site to submit your opinion to Discovery is in the original thread a few times.

Alright, cool. I was just trying to figure out what problems you had e-mailed about, if it might have been something unique.