So I'm actually on a plane right now...

oliB

...34000 feet above Canada, on my way to LAX.

This is just so cool. In the past you were completely isolated whilst on a plane and now, here I am surfing the web, chatting over ICQ etc.

It could be a little faster to be honest, but at least the prices are pretty reasonable. You can book 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours or pay a flat fee for the entire flight. I went with the 3 hour model for 17.95$, access for the entire flight would've cost 26$. I chose the 3 hour model since I spent the rest of the time eating (a four course meal takes a while ;) ), watching movies via in-seat entertainment, etc. Now there are only 3h30min left of this 11 hour flight and I'm currently waiting for dinner. :)

Awesome service IMO and it certainly makes long distance flights a lot more enjoyable! Thumbs up for Lufthansa, the first commercial airline to offer this! :thumbsup:

Here's a pic I snapped a couple of minutes ago:
8e8447627c.jpg

:lol:
Hehe, I was thinking about slipping a snakes on a plane reference in there as well!

Yeah, the seat is pretty good. I'm in Business Class and the seat right next to me is empty, so I got lots of room for my stuff etc. And no, my ass is not asleep, I feel pretty good and comfortable actually. ;)

But, but...how do they get those internets up in the plane? Where do the tubes go??!?! Gophers can't run that high!!

epp_b said:
But, but...how do they get those internets up in the plane? Where do the tubes go??!?! Gophers can't run that high!!
They outsource to carrier pigeons. :lol:

It's interesting that Lufthansa is the first airline to offer this; they were also the first to show an in-flight movie back in 1925. Pretty sweet!

Great! In my trip to China we will be flying Lufthansa. I wish I had a laptop to endure the long hours...

Wow! That's fantastic!!

Looking at the times, you're probably off the plane by now. Is it done vis wireless or do you need to plug it into an outlet?

Just don't google "bombs" or anything like that :bangin:

Why LAX??? Why not here in Canada??

What are you doing in the States?

Must be great having so much legroom. I had NO legroom to and from Europe.

Sweet dude. :D

I know this is late but... :D

Ahh....LAX, I just hate that place...had to fight suicidal bus drivers half a dozen times there, and have to do it again on Tuesday :driving: Nice spot you got there! Facing the windows?

When we got stationed in Germany, we went from Frankfurt A.M.->Bonn on a Lufthansa 727....and it was the best flight I had ever been on!

Re: So I'm actually on a plane right now...

oliB said:
Awesome service IMO and it certainly makes long distance flights a lot more enjoyable! Thumbs up for Lufthansa, the first commercial airline to offer this! :thumbsup:

I think SIngapore airlines was the first to offer full inflight internet.

and it looks like he's in Business class, with the armrest for a glass, which you don't get in coach. But I know thats for Cathay Pacific anyways, I get to go on Business class almost every time, if not every other time I fly because both my parents are Gold frequent flyer with my mom travelling every 5-10 days or so around asia and my dad going to Las Vegas every month :D.