So I'm currently snowed in...

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Okay, I'm not literally snowed in as it's not blocking my doors or anything, but I'm effectively snowed in. My city normally gets about an inch of snow a year and it only lasts 1-2 days, but we're on week two of on and off snow. It melted late last week, but then it snowed heavily all weekend.

This is the most snow I've ever seen at my house and the longest time it's been this cold for so long since the 1970's apparently.

And yes, this is nothing compared to the midwest or NE, I know, but they're prepared for this shit. No plows will be hitting up my street or anything like that.

I'm just thankful we don't have ice like we did 2 years ago:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzeiMJQrvk[/YOUTUBE]

I wish we got snow this year.. We have clear blue skies..

Haven't got Winter tires on yet, so maby it's for the best.

I'm just thankful we don't have ice like we did 2 years ago:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzeiMJQrvk[/YOUTUBE]

Er...

Is there a hill or slope of some kind in that clip that we can't see cos of the camera angle?

Or are all the drivers just massive morans?

yeah this is what it looks like for me too. Work wanted me to go in yesterday while it was still going down. Now I'm suspended :/

Er...

Is there a hill or slope of some kind in that clip that we can't see cos of the camera angle?

Or are all the drivers just massive morans?
I remember that vid from a while ago, I recall something in digg's comments that there is indeed a slight hill that they're sliding down.

I'd like to see where that firetruck at the end ended up going :p

I've been waiting for a decent snow all month, and despite it being nine degrees today, it's clear skies and supposedly going to rain wednesday...

Well it's not like you had anywhere to drive in the first place. :p

I keep waiting and waiting for this to happen this year, but so far no dice.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2008/10/17/snow_house.jpg

Why do these bastards get all this snow before christmas and I get nothing!?

This sucks, I am basically snowed in too (car wise) and I am running out of food. I don't live close to any major stores so I am going to have to walk to the little corner store down the road and pay their marked up prices! Lucky I live close to the river so I am basically sea level so I didn't get that much but I am a procrastinator so I am not done Christmas shopping, hope people like beef jerky. On the plus side, it's not as bad as 04, remember that? It snowed like this than on top of that we got like 2" of ice so it was like a glazed cake. Try to walk on it and you could take a few steps than BAM you fall through, more steps on top and BAM again you go through.

For the people that want snow like that come take it! It sucks, anything that semi melts freezes over night and leaves a nice layer of ice than it starts snowing and puts packed snow on the ice and blows 30+ winds to make visibility near 0. If I want to drive in the snow/play in the snow I could drive up to Mt Hood, I hate having it on the valley floor.

That's quite a bit of snow for a not very snowy place. We haven't gotten any big dumps of snow like that yet, the most was maybe 8cm over 24 hours from a few days ago... but then again that alone would be a mountain of snow for some you. I was about to say something about the video before I realised that it wasn't flat. It's hard to tell with the angle, one big clue is the wall/fence things alongside the road, and it's pretty hard to make a car literally go sideways when it's hardly moving (although some of those people were still simply failing at winter driving and just making it worse)

That ice is about what we have now. Luckly Indiana is flat :p

Heh, that's about the only good thing about the flatlands, flat ice is easy to drive on. :lol:

yea I am completely snowed in here in the Northern New Jersey (New York area). Basically the streets are made of a thin layer of ice and everything is white. plows are useless because they leave that thin layer of snow which turns to ice.

It's the opposite situation here, I have about the same amount of snow as Viper currently but most years my area has that much in late October.

Luckily the plows aren't doing anything yet in my town for some reason so its all good for driving. And I mean that seriously, driving on grippy pavement gets boring quick in a car like mine.

so yeah, I'm the only one here affected by global warming so far... :lol:

It's the opposite situation here, I have about the same amount of snow as Viper currently but most years my area has that much in late October.

Luckily the plows aren't doing anything yet in my town for some reason so its all good for driving. And I mean that seriously, driving on grippy pavement gets boring quick in a car like mine.

so yeah, I'm the only one here affected by global warming so far... :lol:

You're driving a Buick Century in snow like that... you're a braver man than I. Luckily my PAU has never had any real traction problems in the snow/ice.

You're driving a Buick Century in snow like that... you're a braver man than I. Luckily my PAU has never had any real traction problems in the snow/ice.

I don't have winter tires either but not having a supercharger makes the traction issue a little better, lol