• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

So I'm going to Thailand ... what should I do/see??

So I'm going to Thailand ... what should I do/see??

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• no, but I'd go if I had the chance !

• I would never go to Thailand ..

• Total voters

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
OK, looong story short, my dad used to live in BKK, and (of course...) found a younger Thai woman and fell in love .... or whatever ...
So now they have a new kid, and has started their own little family, which is fine by me. As long as my dad is happy, I'm happy (i don't judge..)

Anyways, we planned to go like 6-7 months ago, and we leave for BKk the 5th of February. (come back in 10 days ...)

(Please don't make a hassle about still going, cuz of the Tsunami. First, I experienced a personal tragedy involved with the catastroph, second - we planned it ages ago and costs a fortune ((due to over-priced 1.st class airline tickets for 5 people)) and besides, the Thai economy needs tourists to spend money now more than ever ...)

So, what should I do, where should I go and what to eat?!?!!

What I do know, is I'm going to:

- shop 'til I drop (I'm gonna buy another suitcase while I'm there, so can fit everything I bought)
- get another tailmade suit
- eat plenty of sea-food
- get 2 daily massages (they're like free, if I compare with our prices..)
- go to the jungle, and visit "the new wifes" family
- check those awsome temples !!!! (I looove Buddha..)
- drive my dads friends hot BMW, with a fake "undercover cop" siren he justs puts on top of the roof, so we can speed the highways :lol:
- and just walk around, check out the markeds ......

Anything I missed?

Has anyone been to Thailand? If so, help me!

haz

Never been to Thailand, I know some people who went there and stayed there for 6 months instead of 3 weeks. Supposed to be really beautiful country, I wouldn't go there I think, Australia sounds like much more fun, and the Aussies I can understand much better!

Sorry i have never been before either :)
Sounds like a nice place have fun :lol:

8)

I went there in '97.

Don't miss a chance on a tut-tut around the city.
Visit the elephant home/farm/thing. That's where people breed elephants and bathe them, nice place to go.

Never been off this continent and frankly, nothing sounds that appealing about Thailand, no offense to anyone.

Viper007Bond said:
Never been off this continent and frankly, nothing sounds that appealing about Thailand, no offense to anyone.

well, to be honest right back, you obviously don't know that much about the country then ... it is actually one of the more wanted vacation spots around the world ... but then again, you haven't been outside your own continent, which is really sad .........

haz

haz said:
Viper007Bond said:

well, to be honest right back, you obviously don't know that much about the country then ... it is actually one of the more wanted vacation spots around the world ... but then again, you haven't been outside your own continent, which is really sad .........

haz
How is that sad? That I don't have tons of money to be flying to Europe or Asia? I go on vacation a lot, but I drive. I mean, it's not like the USA is a small place...

zyran said:
I went there in '97.

Don't miss a chance on a tut-tut around the city.

I think they're called "tuk-tuks" ... :lol: I dunno ...

"tut-tut" is actually what we say for "honk-honk" in traffic :lol: so I guess I'll be all like "tut-tut" while riding in a "tuk-tuk" :lol: ....

haz

Jostyrostelli said:
I haven't been out of my continent either, still got another 70 or so years to go to do it 8)

I'd say Europe is a bit more diverse than america ... but we have that advantage, I know (americans use that argument ALOT, rightfully so ...)

Viper: for how long can one use the argument that one lives on a big continent in his/her life? So what if it's big?! Go out vacating outside it even if it is! So what if you need to spend the extra cash ... it's worth it! As long as you have the interest for exploring other nations, that's what counts. When you get older and have more cash to spend on vacations, you can go then! But you need the interest/motivation to go ...

If I had grown up in america, I'd still want to explore the world! I couldn't have said; "no, my continent is so damn big, I don't want to use that much money ... even if I have turned 80, and haven't been outside my country ...."

Have you noticed that Thailand is pritty far away from Norway? I still want to go ...

... and the distance didn't stop me from coming over to the states from Norway several times in the past ...

But we are all different, and want to explore different things .. I guess ...

haz

drive my dads friends hot BMW, with a fake "undercover cop" siren he justs puts on top of the roof, so we can speed the highways Laughing Out Loud

that is common in south east asian countries as well... my friend with a Volvo 850 T5 has one that is hidden in the front grill of the car... really helps as people hog the fast lane here.

btw... if you play golf... you should try the Bangkok Golf Club.... it is a great course that is up to PGA standards... I went there to play about a year ago and loved it

and haz... you cannot miss the massages in thailand... it is very relaxing :D

Viper007Bond said:

i agree, i neither see the point in going by plain to such very touristic areas, laying on the beach or by the pool getting drunk
i rather go not so distant away, so you can go with your car, drive around, and do things

well... I've driven up to thailand before from malaysia... was an unforgettable journey... 4 turbo cars (Forester STi, Galant VR-4, Mitsu. Evolution and a Subaru Impreza) blasting down the highway into thailand... when I buy another car that is more reliable... I'm going to organize another trip this time all the way to bangkok... I think its 2k KM.

I agree with bone... driving to a holiday is way better than flying there... well that is for gearheads like us :lol:

bone said:
Viper007Bond said:

i agree, i neither see the point in going by plain to such very touristic areas, laying on the beach or by the pool getting drunk
i rather go not so distant away, so you can go with your car, drive around, and do things

I see your point, but I don't plan on laying on the beach or just getting drunk at local bars ... I did that when I was 17! (such as Aya Napa, Ibiza etc..)

I just wanna explore an asian culture, such as Thailand, and learn to know it more! I'm very excited :D

haz

andyhui01 said:
btw... if you play golf... you should try the Bangkok Golf Club.... it is a great course that is up to PGA standards... I went there to play about a year ago and loved it

and haz... you cannot miss the massages in thailand... it is very relaxing :D

I do play golf, so maybe I should take a whole day just doing that! THX :)

as for the massages ... mmmmm .... me likey ;) maybe I'll even recieve a happy ending!? kiddn ....

haz

jasonchiu said:
go see some trannies
I hope you were referring to transmissions.. :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

my dad says they're very common in DT BKK .... can't miss 'em even if I tried, I think ..

haz

haz said:
I'd say Europe is a bit more diverse than america ... but we have that advantage, I know (americans use that argument ALOT, rightfully so ...)
Of course it's more diverse. You have a ton of countries and cultures over there. But what's your point about diversity? I dunno about you, but I don't go on vacation to meet people from wherever I'm going. I go on vacation to get away from lots of people and to see the landscape and place I'm going. I take it you've never been to Oregon, else you'd know why I don't often go vacationing outside of my state. ;)

haz said:
Viper: for how long can one use the argument that one lives on a big continent in his/her life? So what if it's big?!
I can keep using it because it's a valid arguement. The US is HUGE and leaves plenty for me to see. :)

haz said:
Go out vacating outside it even if it is! So what if you need to spend the extra cash ... it's worth it! As long as you have the interest for exploring other nations, that's what counts. When you get older and have more cash to spend on vacations, you can go then! But you need the interest/motivation to go ...
Frankly, I don't have that interest. Sure, I'd love to see China's Great Wall, the castles of Europe, etc. but that's the only reason really. I couldn't care less about the cultures. That doesn't interest me at all.

haz said:
But we are all different, and want to explore different things .. I guess ...
Exactly. :)