So I'm shooting a 996 Turbo, tips?

VorteC

Car(s)
2004 Acura TSX
I will be shooting a 996 Turbo for my friend before she sells her car. Of course I won't be getting paid but I still want to do a good job, for self-satisfaction even hehe. I'd like some tips in terms of location... should I shoot indoors like a multistory garage or outdoors? I will be shooting in the morning or in the evening so I don't get a blown out sky / minimal hotspots. I'll also be wanting to use a strobe, so got any tips on the placement for that? I don't have a bounce/umbrella or anything, only a rubber diffuser. If anyone has any interesting Porsche shots, I'd like to see them :thumbsup: Thanks mates. BTW, the car is a deep violet colour.. Rare Lapis Blau Metallic to be exact I think.

Avoid shooting the headlights, and you'll do fine. :p (little 'jab' at the 996 there...didja catch it? I thought so. Am I wrong, though? Right? Fellas? Don't leave me hangin'...)

Last edited:
^
Agreed. ;) 993 / 997 ftw. 996 ftl.

My favourite 996 shot:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/05/06/porsche_03_preview_000.jpg
(From Ruji Wynn, http://www.ruji.net/main.html)

Not sure how that helps you at all...

Shooting a car with only one strobe would be tricky. If you try to light it only with the stobe as a main light, you'll end up with one part of the car well lit and the rest pretty dark. I'd aim to get the exposure the best it can be without the strobe, and then maybe use it for a bit of fill or rim light if you need it.

Shooting a car with only one strobe would be tricky. If you try to light it only with the stobe as a main light, you'll end up with one part of the car well lit and the rest pretty dark. I'd aim to get the exposure the best it can be without the strobe, and then maybe use it for a bit of fill or rim light if you need it.

I would do the same. Try and shoot with no lighting. You can do multi exposures, moving the strobe around, and blend them later if you want though.

please, don't shoot it. Just take pictures of it and show us them. Thank you

No srsly, those headlights look like an omelet, I'm glad they went back to round headlights.

Yeah I agree, the 997 is better, but I'm still looking forward to seeing the shots. It's still a Porsche! :D