So is "Top Gear" ever going back on air in the states

Status
Not open for further replies.

RapedApe

I'm new to the site. It looks like a great resource! :D

Anyway as Im sure it has been discussed; Discovery dropped "Top Gear" a few months ago here in the states. I've been torrenting new episodes from the site for awhile now. Just curious if anyone knows if any networks are going to pick up programming for "Top Gear" in the future.

BBC is creating a new Top Gear America show (filmed in the States with different presenters), they've taped the pilot episode and we're waiting to see how it goes over with the test audience. They even flew the Stig over to do some track laps! If all goes as planned, North America could get its own Top Gear series very soon.

We fuck up everything. :(

Don't you mean GTO? :p

^GUFFAW :lol:

Top Gear America..well lets hope its not just 1 big GM/Ford advertisement. Im sure nothing can be worse than that load of dribble they tried to throw at us last time.

It will be nuttin compared to the old top gear.

I think they'll try making it too good and they'll go overboard, which will screw them up. something that usually happens here.

just like u said viper "We fuck up everything. " <- even though im from canada lol

weeell, technically ur American. Do ya'll get the same shows and stuff we do?

Yup, that is my GTO. I just rattled them all off. I could kiss all you aussies for the wonderful Holden Elizabeth platform! :p

I have visions of something "Motor Trend" like, with numerous test of gigantic SUV's and minivans. And im sure they will dedicate alot of time to N.A.S.C.A.R. :x and completely forget other racing series, like ALMS, Grand Am, etc....cause as everyone in the world knows, we Americans like to turn left with "stock" cars. :thumbsdown:

Oh, and probably shot with cheap video, like all of the shows here.

When they do show it get a Torrent up, so we can see what its like :lol:

oh, this will be crap, there can be only one tg, the original one, others will be just a waste of time :bangin:

jayhawk said:
I have visions of something "Motor Trend" like, with numerous test of gigantic SUV's and minivans. And im sure they will dedicate alot of time to N.A.S.C.A.R. :x and completely forget other racing series, like ALMS, Grand Am, etc....cause as everyone in the world knows, we Americans like to turn left with "stock" cars. :thumbsdown:

Oh, and probably shot with cheap video, like all of the shows here.

Yeah I agree. On Sundays they usually have "Car and Driver TV" and it is quite officially the worst motoring show on TV. I just rememberin one segment the presenter said "and the new G6 has styling that just screams 'Hey, look at me!'" And I just thought....how boring of a person are you? or how bad are your script writers? I then wrote the show and told them they pale in comparision to TG and I would never watch again.

Lets hope TG America wont be a big plug for detroit.

I hope if they cover other racing series besides NASCAR... But thats pretty much all that they have here, i spent weeks looking for an American version of F1 05 only to buy it from australia from ebay...lets hope these guys do some research, mebe visit FinalGear sometime.

Who are the new presenters?

lol.

All the little quirks and uniqueness will be completely lost. Sure they can keep the same format but it will pale in comparison to the UK version, with thier airfield track, great cast(A drag racer and a jock? WTF?!), humor and they way everything comes together so nicely. You can take three guys, give them a track and the stig, send them out to review cars and do silly races, but all the humor and chemistry and charisma is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.