Ownership Verified: So I've bought a JAAAAAAG

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
Right, so here's the deal, after losing my job a couple of weeks ago I quickly got a new one, everything fine but this one is a little further away then the last one, about 90 km's a day, now I know that's not far if you're American, but in Belgicistan this is quite far.

Now, The Ram is getting up there in years and mileage (much like it's owner) and putting that many km's on it every day would probably kill it off in a few years, I like that thing, I love that thing, I had a lot of adventures and good times in that thing and I would like to keep it around as long as I can, so I decided to semi-retire it, as in, only use it when I actually need/want a V8 pickup truck, like going to greenpeace rallies.

This left me in the need for a new daily driver, something good at long distances and comfortable, I have never actually owned a large luxury saloon before and I've always had a thing for Jag's so when this popped up it was a no brainer.

It's a 2020, only has 15.000 km's on it, it's basicly brand new, a lot of toys, black on black everything, I like black.....

It has the 180 hp diesel engine which was chosen for fiscal reasons, in the land of the 0.9L 3 cilinder hatchback everything with a real engine is taxed to death,I don't like giving our government anything, they will only spend it on freeloaders and corruption, however a modest 2.0L with 132 kw is still feasable without giving the government all your money every year.

Some pics , actually taken in the showroom when it was delivered, it will never be this clean again:

a>

https://ibb.co/QYmgMFJ
https://ibb.co/28z2shH
https://ibb.co/vV082kR
https://ibb.co/QY5Sgdp
https://ibb.co/TYBFS3f

Is it black? Yes, very!

Is it green? Don't know don't care didn't ask, but I have been told it is a euro 6 witch is euhrmm, important somehow?

Is it fun to drive? Yes, handling is superb, RWD, even has a sport setting that makes the dials glow red.

Is it fast of the line? Accelleration is very decent, If the Hemi is a nuclear warhead, and a euro shitbox is a fire cracker, this is a tomahawk missile.

Is it fast at top speed? haven't tried it yet, had it up to 160kph and it was sitting happy at 2.200 rpm so yeah, some give in that.

Is it roomy? I fit in it, most European cars I don't.

Does it have a big boot? Enough for at least 1 body, not a pickup truck but I don't need it to be.

So far I like it very much, fun to drive, comfortable, gets some attention, only niggle I have with it is that's it's not that easy to get in and out of, because big fat person but that's hardly the cars fault.

Last edited:
Congrats, but I don't think the image link is working.

It should now.....I'm an idiot at these things.

20210715-104850.jpg

OMG a diesel! *finger cross infront of Dracula* ?

Seriously, for wafting along every day from A to B and back, this makes sense.
A quite sensible choice. And it's a Jag. Looks powerful and expensive. Job done.

Looks really nice!

Makes a nice change of pace from the usual C class and 3 series. I don't know if it's any better but different is always good. :)

Everyone hates on diesel these days but it'll be around for a long time to come.

Makes a nice change of pace from the usual C class and 3 series. I don't know if it's any better but different is always good. :)

Everyone hates on diesel these days but it'll be around for a long time to come.
As long as the fuel is cheap and there's not too many restrictions to make it a pain in the ass, yeah.

Nice, I'm surprised that you were able to deal with JLR salespeoples without murdering one and burying them in a hole. Looks great all blacked out, is the piano black inside the fingerprint/scratch magnet it looks like?

I'm surprised that you were able to deal with JLR salespeoples without murdering one and burying them in a hole.
What makes you think he didn't murder one, but conveniently "forgot" to mention it here? It's our resident grumpy belgian we're talking about... ;)

The car seems a surprisingly sensible choice, but at least it's not the obvious E-Class/A6/5-Series which are the german rivals to this. That said, black is boring (says the guy whose last car was a completely blacked out 3-Series...), but I'd say a different colour other than black or white wouldn't work on an XF.

Nice, I'm surprised that you were able to deal with JLR salespeoples without murdering one and burying them in a hole. Looks great all blacked out, is the piano black inside the fingerprint/scratch magnet it looks like?

Salespeople were great except maybee a little slow in getting it delivered.

As for the piano wood, yes and yes.

Thumbs up for not picking one of the usual German premium suspects.

What I'm not really sold on is the completely murdered-out look - there's no chrome to break the sea of black. At the very least, the trim piece between the rear lights should alway stay chromed as it's supposed to optically blend into the blinkers.

Thumbs up for not picking one of the usual German premium suspects.

What I'm not really sold on is the completely murdered-out look - there's no chrome to break the sea of black. At the very least, the trim piece between the rear lights should alway stay chromed as it's supposed to optically blend into the blinkers.

What attracted me WAS the compleete black on black look, it's as dark as my soul....

What attracted me WAS the compleete black on black look, it's as dark as my soul....
... I hate the fact that my car comes with the stupid chrome strips everywhere*. would much rather have had the 2021 facelift that comes with all black everything.

* not enough to actually do anything about it though, it seems.

oh also: nice car this. I've liked it since they had it on TG first back in the day. And I do think a 180hp diesel is quite a fitting and sensible choice.