So Jeremy finally bought a Gallardo Spider

I figured it was only a matter of time after he reviewed it and announced that it was his new favorite. And since Lamborghini is handled by Audi now, I imagine that, unlike his GT, the Gallardo should sort of...well, work.

Great! Hope he disposes of that big american monster! It just doesn't suit him as he's always banging on about american car's are shit, built in a shed, not technically advanced and apperantly they don't work properly as well!

Great! Hope he disposes of that big american monster! It just doesn't suit him as he's always banging on about american car's are shit, built in a shed, not technically advanced and apperantly they don't work properly as well!

isn't the GT basically a british car?

designed by a brit, suspension and chassis adjustments from lotus, steering, body, wheels etc.... apart from the engine.

well, yes then. pretty much all british. which is just as good for explaining why it doesn't work.

Um, I think you guys are forgetting that Clarkson himself has even admitted that all the problems that have arisen from his Ford GT is the demobilizer and alarm system that were installed AFTER the car was imported into Britain.

Cars these days are international enough for it be pointless to argue their country of origin. Lotus is quintessentially British, but it uses both Japanese and American engines...

The Gallardo Spyder is a worthy replacement to the Ford GT

Cars these days are international enough for it be pointless to argue their country of origin.

A good point that people often ignore.

Another Isle of man car or GB 'daily driver' you think?

Well he intended the GT to be a daily driver and thats a lot more ambitious than a Gallardo for every day (I would think - only against a car like a GT would I imply a Lambo is practical).

Everyone keeps bringing it up - any clue as to whether hes keeping the GT?

Everyone keeps bringing it up - any clue as to whether hes keeping the GT?

I would say probably not...

wikipedia.org said:
James May, of BBC?s Top Gear magazine reported, in the form of an editorial that he accompanied Jeremy Clarkson on a shopping trip to look at a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. Apparently Clarkson became so smitten with the Italian super-car during the filming of a Top Gear segment that he is thinking of replacing his Ford GT with one.

Clarkson's dodgy Ford GT is the onus he must bear for always bashing american cars.

Of course, my ford is seventeen years old and has over 220,000 miles on the clock. But it was engineered by mazda. probably explains a lot.

Yes bash on the Ford GT, despite after he admitted all the problems associated with the car were put on when it arrived in Great Britan.

There are hundreds of GTs being driven in the US (one in Florida is making 1000hp and is driven frequently) that haven't given them any problems. Still sad that he's probably going to let go of the GT.

I just can't picture him owning a flashy Lamborghini, let alone a convertible. I would have thought he would have gotten an Aston or a Ferrari intead.

He'll regret selling the GT if he does. He'll be driving in his Gallardo one day, get passed by a GT, and then realize he's given up a recreation of an iconic car for a flashy fadmobile that has no racing pedigree and styling that one could hardly call "timeless."