So Many Morons On The Road. :(

Oh, another one that I just thought of, happens so often it's not funny... I don't think it's been mentioned so far.

Following another car along a single lane road, usually slightly below the speed limit. If it was me driving I'd be going a bit faster, but that's OK, because there's an overtaking lane up ahead. Once we get to the overtaking lane, the other driver speeds up so I decide it's not worth passing. Once the road goes back to one lane again... they slow down. :bangin:

Usually they'll be going maybe 5/10km/h below the speed limit in the single lane section, and between 10-40km/h over in the multi-lane section... so if I was to overtake, it could be enough to get an 'excessive speeding' ticket if you're caught.

I absolutely hate this...

Another anecdote from Florida.

I was driving down the main road back home, and I had gotten to the 55mph zone. This white Honda Civic that looked like it was on it's last leg, zipped in and out of cars all the way up to along side me (I was in the left lane, it was trafficy, they were in the right). With just barely enough room between the car in front of them and me, the car swerves over, nearly taking my front bumper with them. No signal, nothing, and it speeds off. As they cut me off, I saw a good view of the drivers. Two shirtless guys, the one in the drivers seat had one hand over his left ear, the other holding a cell phone to his right ear, keeping his foot to the pedal, and not letting up. The one in the passenger seat had his hand on the steering wheel, making the lane changes, etc.

flamingice said:
Oh, another one that I just thought of, happens so often it's not funny... I don't think it's been mentioned so far.

Following another car along a single lane road, usually slightly below the speed limit. If it was me driving I'd be going a bit faster, but that's OK, because there's an overtaking lane up ahead. Once we get to the overtaking lane, the other driver speeds up so I decide it's not worth passing. Once the road goes back to one lane again... they slow down. :bangin:

Usually they'll be going maybe 5/10km/h below the speed limit in the single lane section, and between 10-40km/h over in the multi-lane section... so if I was to overtake, it could be enough to get an 'excessive speeding' ticket if you're caught.

I absolutely hate this...

sorry man, beat you to it

From the city I live in there is about 15 km to a bigger city I drive to a lot, there are two ways of getting there; the main road (big, strait, booring) and a backroad (small, lots of corners, fun).
So often I take the backroad because even when you are doing 80 km/h (speedlimit) it's fun to drive there.
But.....some people drive there doing nothing more than 50 km/h :bangin: and even slow down for the corners, and because the road is so twisted there are almost no chance of overtaking, so I can just sit back and "enjoy" the scenery :roll:

Why slow down for corners in Denmark, if you drive of the roads there's nothing but flat land anyways.. Maybe a small ditch or tree :p

Hey we have uhm........ Himmelbjerget :mrgreen:

Dins said:

Heh... you I even said pretty much exactly the same thing you did about the possibility of getting caught... maybe I subconciously read your message... sorry about that. :)

flamingice said:
Dins said:

Heh... you & I even said pretty much exactly the same thing you did about the possibility of getting caught... maybe I subconciously read your message... sorry about that. :)

at least i'm not the only one getting annoyed by it

overtaking lane, the other driver speeds up so I decide it's not worth passing. Once the road goes back to one lane again... they slow down
Had one of those just yesterday..or something like it.

People who see you coming up in the passing lane, and they are going just as slow as the people in the non-passing lane..and they slow down even more so you have to sit behind them the whole time, and don't have enough room to get around in a slow lane. And if you do, they speed up to keep you from getting around.

The one I had yesterday was some rich wanna-be exec in a Merc. :x

Was behind a guy in heavy traffic in Copenhagen today i think he was eating an apple so everytime the car infront of him started it would take him for ever to get it into gear and even longer to get it into 2nd just to get it slowly rolling and following traffic, because of his bad gearshifts he had massive engine brake so i almost got rearended because i had to stamp on the brake so many times.. No chance to shift lanes so it was like the for 10-15min... If i had a gun..

Lets see....

Honda drivers...All of them here seem to think they have race cars. Go figure.

DRLs (Day Time Running Lights). People somehow forget to turn on their real lights at night.

In the past month going the speed limit in the city, I had TWO drivers try to make a right turn (it is legal to make a right turn on a red in most of Canada) and then he decided I was coming too fast. Well he stopped but only one problem, half his car was already in my lane. High beams on while I drive past him. That'll teach him. Funny thing the same thing happened to me about 2 weeks later from the first incident and I saw it. But the guy tailgating me had to do an evasive manouver. :) I was laughing my ass off at that point. That'll teach both of them.

There will be more to come because I keep attracting this shit. Oh, red light runners. I was almost t-boned twice because of them. And they would have hit me on the driver's side.

I run my fog lights all the time only because people don't seem to see me even though I drive a mid size coupe. But lately the fogs have been off because one is burnt out and the other is full of water...:lol:

Okay here is a great one -

I was entered the interstate and was traveling about the average speed 10-15mph over speedlimit and it was pretty busy 3-lanes. I'm in the far right and there is a semi in the middle and after the fact i found out there was somebody on the other side of the semi. I guess we both passed the semi about the same time i look in to the middle lane and make a move for the middle lane. I assume that the lady in the other car had decided to do the same thing after i had started moving into it. I beat her there and she gets pissed (This is how i recall it, it might have been my fault but I dont thinks so). She gets so pissed that (keep in mind that nothing happend no collision or anything) that she picks up her drink and throws it at me thru her window.....

only thing is that her window is CLOSED!!!!!!
The drink busts everywhere over the inside of her car! :lol:

can we say anger management issues

^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Sounds like something on an episode of COPS!

I hate people who turn out from small side streets onto a big(ish) main road and just assume that there is noone else on the road.

I wrote-off a car like that in december last year. I was going straight on the main road, she was on my left side and wanted to turn right. I had the right of way since i was going straight, there was a bit of traffic which is why i stuck to the right side so i could keep going straight. Then BOOM, i smashed into her car... she turned out just as i got close to her, i braked n swerved. Would've missed her as well if she didnt slammed on the brakes...

we get out n exchange details and all that and she said "i'm sooo sorry, i didn't see your car".... "I DIDN'T SEE"

wtf?! you can't see traffic coz your view is blocked, so you just gun it n hope for the best?...

Cyclists who ride in the middle of the lane in the city, at less than half the speed limit. Technically you're allowed to do that, but doesn't mean you should. Jerks.

People who drive bumper to bumper in the right lane on the highway, so you can't merge between them. Commuting isn't a jerk contest, jerks.

People who move into your lane when without looking. Twice, I've had this happen with somebody else tailgating me, and the only place I could go was into oncoming traffic. My car is yellow, it can't be that hard to see. Jerks.

Pedestrians who think they have ultimate right of way, no matter what. First, that's wrong; second, the law you think exists still can't overcome physics. One day some jaywalker is getting my bumper in the shins if they keep that up. Roads are for cars, jerks.

This thread rules. :thumbsup:

High beams...just came back from a friend's house and people really need to learn to turn off high beams a lot freaking earlier. Not when they are almost on top of me. :thumbsdown:

Carsightings said:
i just dont get it what is wrong with fog lights?

they are almost completely pointless. only possibility to use them is when theres thick fog and you dont go faster than lets say 4km/h. They just dont lighten up an area more than 2 meters in front of your car.