So Many Morons On The Road. :(

this is a fantastic thread.

1. when i'm on a one-lane highway behind some guy going 100km/h (speed limit) and when a passing lane comes up they speed up to 120km/h so i can't pass them without seriously endangering my license.

2. people talking on the cellphone pisses me off a lot, any driving skill or situational awareness goes right out the window.

3. hooligans who try to force themselves into the tightest patches of road at intersections and stopsigns. they get so fricking close i could smack them if i reached over.

4. optional blinkers, love those

5. stopsign intersection blockers. just stand around and look at each other for whatever reason, rather than drive forward.

6. pedestrians who take their sweet ass time on crosswalks. i'm seriously going to run one over some day. they can see me standing there waiting, DON'T STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!

holding phone next to the ear, still legal here in canada, so nobody has a hands free.

well that's the thing though. it does greatly reduce your concentration. hands free devices don't cancel out the distraction, jts reduce it slightly, because you don't have to rummage for the phone, press some buttons and hold it to your ear. the distraction of talking is still there. i've noticed it myself when i had to be on the phone, driving becomes priority no.3 or 4.

What annoys me is people's general bad manners to each other. They never put their hand up if you pull over so they can get past on a narrow raod

Also old people annoy me. I know we shouldn't stop them from going out but they drive slowly, never indicate, don't really know where they going, drive a crap car and their judgement and sight isn't as good as it used to be. Of course there are some eldery people who can still drive fairly well.

And everyone seems to be out for themselves on the road.

bone said:
mancs said:
BlaRo said:
...and he starts tailgating me!...

If there is no reason for it, thats when i start to jump on the brakes ;)

i do that as well :thumbsup:

or what is also extremely funny, is when a van is tailgating you, just keep on going faster, and then take a turn at maximum possible speed...and then look in your rear mirror :lol:
I usually just speed up, but I really want to get one of those little switches that turns on your brake lights at the touch of a button. A friend of a friend has one on his WRX, and it's great to scare the crap out of tailgaters. Works wonders.

May be illegal, but that's never stopped me before... :twisted:

Dins said:
well that's the thing though. it does greatly reduce your concentration. hands free devices don't cancel out the distraction, jts reduce it slightly, because you don't have to rummage for the phone, press some buttons and hold it to your ear. the distraction of talking is still there. i've noticed it myself when i had to be on the phone, driving becomes priority no.3 or 4.

so are you saying that talking to the passenger is also bad?

Evo7 said:
What annoys me is people's general bad manners to each other. They never put their hand up if you pull over so they can get past on a narrow raod

Also old people annoy me. I know we shouldn't stop them from going out but they drive slowly, never indicate, don't really know where they going, drive a crap car and their judgement and sight isn't as good as it used to be. Of course there are some eldery people who can still drive fairly well.

I saw a Corvette once on the highway that was going pretty fast and passing cars left and right. "Whoa, that's pretty cool! Must be a young rich guy driving it!" I followed it all the way to school, watching it swerve in and out of traffic, and kept up with it enough to be next to it. I looked in the window and saw...

...an old crumbling guy, wrinkles and whiskers everywhere. He was dressed like a typical Floridan pensioner, with old collared shirt and worn hat. Like Saul from Ocean's Eleven. In a Corvette!
:jawdrop:

BlaRo said:
Evo7 said:

I saw a Corvette once on the highway that was going pretty fast and passing cars left and right. "Whoa, that's pretty cool! Must be a young rich guy driving it!" I followed it all the way to school, watching it swerve in and out of traffic, and kept up with it enough to be next to it. I looked in the window and saw...

...an old crumbling guy, wrinkles and whiskers everywhere. He was dressed like a typical Floridan pensioner, with old collared shirt and worn hat. Like Saul from Ocean's Eleven. In a Corvette!
:jawdrop:
haha that funny :lol:

two things:
1. what car do you have?is it the one in your avanter?
2. corvettes are really cheap in the usa so not only rich people drive them. or maybe what in israel a mazda 6 will us more than what a corvette will cost you.

Carsightings said:
two things:
1. what car do you have?is it the one in your avanter?
2. corvettes are really cheap in the usa so not only rich people drive them. or maybe what in israel a mazda 6 will us more than what a corvette will cost you.
1. I don't have a car. :)cry:) The one in my avatar is a Nissan 300ZX Z32, that I found off the Interweb somewhere. Props to the guy who made it. :cheers:

2. Corvettes are indeed really cheap in America, relatively speaking. 44k will get you a base coupe. Dunno about prices in Israel, though.

Carsightings said:
let me tell you this a basic buick over here the la crosse will set you back 52,000 $!!!!!
use a car that is sold all over the world.. and THEN se who has the most expensive cars...
ill tell you who will win ...

Here (norway) a base M3 costs $142.540 (US) Beat that!
Oh yeah.. in Denmark it costs $191.682 !
In Sweden $70.312 (lucky bastards)
In Germany $67.790 (ever worse .. hate you guys :p )

Carsightings said:
Dins said:

so are you saying that talking to the passenger is also bad?

yes.

mancs said:
BlaRo said:
...and he starts tailgating me!...

If there is no reason for it, thats when i start to jump on the brakes ;)

Possibly marginally safer suggestion - if you flicker your rear fog lights on and off, it looks like you're braking and should cause them to back off without risking them sitting halfway up your exhaust pipe.

At least, looks like that here...

1: Arseholes who sit in the right lane (our fast lane, drive on the left) doing between 80 and 95km/h. In Victoria it's illegal to sit in the right lane UNLESS overtaking, most people don't realise that. Only once have I ever gotten so angry that I flashed my high beams. Mind you, that's on the city freeways, once you get onto country highways MOST people are good about it.

2: Mum's and their friggin Cayenne's, RR's, Touaregs, MB's etc etc. No reason other than they drive them and cut me off because they "can't see me" in my Golf. I once had some dumb bitch cut me off with about 1cm between our bumpers. I abused her so much at the next lights, she claimed she couldn't see me, bullshit, she just doesn't know how to drive an SUV properly.

3: People not doing 100km/h, or slowing down on the freeway on ramp. That's just bloody dangerous.

4: Tailgaters. I don't brake, I just take my foot off the accelerator and slow down. They hate that, tough cookies I say :D

Only bad thing I have had so far is all on California roads.

Had some a**hole on a phone...in a jam right before the 405/I-5 merge just outside of L.A. literally pushed me right off the road just to get into my lane. No signal, no warning..just ran me off the road. Didn't even show any sign of being sorry..just being a typical Californian.

Another one was riding my ass as I was passing someone..swerved into the other lane almost clipping my car, then swerving back into my lane almost clipping me in the front and sped off at about 95mph in a 60mph zone.

Funny thing is..both of these drivers were in hondas..one an Accord, the other a absolutely horrid looking CRV.