• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

So the "Kid dreaming of a RX-8"...

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
Had too much time on his hands.. and decided to make his project, a virtual reality, checking out available parts and costs.

Obviously it may look like I just put random crap on there, but actually everything is thought of, it's been done after hours of reading or reviews and RX-8 forums.

So there you go, the Renesis dream car as of 12/06/05 is...

post-11-1118621683.jpg

Total cost (including taxes): $57,093.00 CDN

Now the contents:

post-11-1118622295.jpg

So uh yea, this is it. I just wanted to share it with you :lol:

Looks nice. I bet you could save a ton of money not buying aftermarket parts from the dealer.

I wonder what it would look like in black matte paint? 8)

Actually no, the ones I "bought" at the dealer were less expensive there (keeping shipping and other charges in mind) as I "bought" some other Mazda liscenced accessories in onlines stores too

Leather, the GT is the fully loaded one with HID's too, only thing I didn't put on it is Nav, because I think it's useless and maps for here aren't detailed enough

Renesis said:
Leather, the GT is the fully loaded one with HID's too, only thing I didn't put on it is Nav, because I think it's useless and maps for here aren't detailed enough

We only get one version here. The only option is NAV, and maybe sunroof. Leather and HIDs are standard.

Looks like you got a bit of a positive camber there on the rear wheel. I think someone at the virtual dealership slid it into a curb when you weren't looking. :lol:

my friend has those black ASA rims on his Brabus clone... they look no where as good as in pictures

oh ya, and the center caps are silver on those rims, not black like the picture

[edit] on top of that, finally test drove a RX8 yesterday

Dude..

asa_ar1_blk_ci3_l.jpg

anyway, other wheels the style I wanted were a LOT more expensive..

yup, those are the rims. he even ordered them from tirerack.com, where you linked that image. they look a lot better in picture :(
again, silver centercaps IRL..I think i have picture of his car somewhere... let me dig it up

if u pay 290 for an illuminated shift knob i'll be very sad...
where is the turbo kit? greddy has one i htink

Very nice...one recommendation...stay away from the lighted shift knob. I've heard that it is WAY to bright, and that the wires break and it doesn't work after a while.

Sunroof doesn't come standard in the GT up there?

The leather wrapped parking break cover is $308!!! DAMN!

Plus the NAV is great! Any daily driver I have from now on will have it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy virtually driving it! :D

For the NAV price, I would get a PDA and a bluetooth GPS module. Works better, has more complete maps, and you can take it to other cars or on foot.

bihus said:
For the NAV price, I would get a PDA and a bluetooth GPS module. Works better, has more complete maps, and you can take it to other cars or on foot.

But then it won't flip up out of the dash, and talk to you from the car speakers!

The cool factor is high with this one! LOL

bahnstormer said:
where is the turbo kit? greddy has one i htink

I'd never put such a mod on a brand new car, plus so far power outputs have been dissapointing, and I'd supercharge it, not turbocharge it.

It's also $3000+ USD

Emsdad said:
Very nice...one recommendation...stay away from the lighted shift knob. I've heard that it is WAY to bright, and that the wires break and it doesn't work after a while.

I saw pics and it's not too bright, I know about the wires issues and found tips on how to install it safely

No

Yeah, but it ends up about that much if I get it on the net + shipping

It's that expensive because it's a whole new handle assembly, it's not only the small leather part..

Emsdad said:

Plus the NAV is great! Any daily driver I have from now on will have it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy virtually driving it! :D

hahahaha I thought I was the only person to notice that.

its 90 odd bucks to upgrade a alarm sensor but over 300 to wrap dead cow around the emergency anchor.

as I said, it's a whole new assembly, that's why it's so expensive.

Also got an email from Tirerack and they say they don't recommend that wheel for the car..

people on the RX-8 board seem to say that the offset is ok though but I might have overlooked the bolt pattern if it's any different from the other finishes of the same wheel :?

bahnstormer said:
Is there something special about about the RX-8 shift knobs cause that's just insane. A shift knob for my saab is around $100, but that's cause it has this stupid reverse lock-out. Like I'm going to shift it into reverse thinking I have 6 gears. :roll: Still little more than 100 versus 300, they're charging an awful lot for a light. :lol: