So what do you guys think of Warren Brown now?

So what do you guys think of Warren Brown now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've liked Warren since Peking to Paris. He was a great choice from Day One IMHO, and the reason I didn't send in an audition tape.

:)

I've liked Warren since Peking to Paris. He was a great choice from Day One IMHO, and the reason I didn't send in an audition tape.

... whereas Charlie Cox was the reason I did send in an audition tape. My tape was bad - unless you look at it as a pisstake of a TGA audition tape, in which case it's actually not that bad - but I still reckon I could have done a better job than Cox. Hell, even some of the worst YouTube auditioners (such as the fully sick bro with the old Falcon, that catatonic chick from Brisbane, or one of the WRX kiddies) could have done better than Cox.

The trouble with Season 1 is the producers tried to pin the alpha role on the wrong guy, but I suspect that someone back in Blighty thought it would be a good idea to have their own man on the ground in the Colonies. Of course, this backfired spectacularly.

But yeah, I concur. You couldn't have TGA without Warren Brown. In a perverse kind of way, he's kind of grown into a "Bizarro Clarkson" role. He's clearly the alpha of the group, although the way he goes about his business is the polar opposite of Clarkson ... which is a good thing. I think this has really set the tone for Season 2 ... it's no longer Top Gear Lite, it's Top Gear Australia.

Last edited:
It definately shows that the show is into its 2nd season and not its 1st. Its becoming more individual now and the presenters are starting to find their place a little better. James if anything perhaps is the equivelent of UK James, more the quiet guy that perhaps is a little left-field of the more youthful other two. Steve is starting to shine too, especially in car reviews as he is now starting to show his element. Steve in the 2nd season and James are perhaps the strengths of the show now with in fact Warren being the weakest link though this does not mean necessarily he should be taken off. I just think generally they need to stop on the extremely embarassing attempts at humour, just let it flow boys. I'd rather watch a hour of a serious Top Gear Australia than one that tries to be something its not. A Top Gear Australia suits our national character very well, just the tryhard efforts are so cringeworthy though not as much as the previous seasons. I sometimes get the feeling the audience despite just being a audience just laughs to try and avoid the guys some great embarassment. The cracks are so obvious but when they relax a bit and just be themselves it becomes more serious but more Top Gear in a way I think, just guys being guys.

Not sure where to post this but as this is the thread I discovered from Peking to Paris I thought I'd post here.
I've just seen it for the first time and think the Beeb really ought to show this.
Beeb people pick it up, it'd be perfect for 2 :)

Just my 2p

I saw and loved Peking to Paris, but I never really put 2 and 2 together.

I've really grown to like him now though. :)

Oh, and poll added!

I saw peking to paris before TGA was even announced, so I knew who Warren Brown before the hosts were selected.
I've never been unhappy with him being on the team.
In fact, the funniest moment ever on TGA was him driving around the track in the battery powered kingswood singing "football, meat pies, kangaroos and electric cars"

I liked him in the first series and even more so now. In the first series Steve was hit and miss for me. In the second series I'm now warming up to him. Charlie just never really seemed to mesh. So I'm glad he's gone. I think James is a much better fit.

I was the biggest Warren hater, mainly due to the fricken pointless 'lets draw on shit, because i'm funny even though i'm not' part of every show.

This season theres been none of that, plus the 'What were you thinking' has gone... which is another plus. He has actually made me laugh more than the other two this series.

So for now at least, I love Captain Thunderpants. :cool:

I too saw Peking to Paris during its initial airing on television here and quite liked Warren then, so I didn't mind him in season 1.

But, season 1 wasn't that great at all, now was it?