So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

• Obama/Biden

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Romney/Ryan

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Third party

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted for Obama a couple weeks ago (Oregon is 100% vote by mail) but out west here that's like pissing into the ocean -- we're thoroughly blue out here so not a big deal who I voted for.

I do not qualify for a vote but I had the whole electoral college thing explained.

For everyone else:

Fun times. Made sense 200 years ago but not today.

- - - Updated - - -

Since my state is going to Obama, I am voting for Jill Stein from the green party. but if I lived in Ohio or another swing state I would be voting for Obama

This is a smart person. It's really only the swing states where voting actually matters (see above videos).

Last edited:
I am eligible, but not voting. Obama is the cool cucumber, but isn't that great. And Romney is a meh. Though I personally might lean towards Obama just so that it's easier to get things done with the 2nd term on the way. It's like choosing between a turd sandwich and giant douche, anyway :p

Yep, that's about it for me.

I think the problem really is, is:

The country/economy/unemployment/blah blah blah is so screwed up, that it's just going to take time to fix it right. Sure, I'd love for things to get fixed 100% in the next 4 years, but that's just not going to happen.

It took longer than 4 years to get ourselves into this mess...it's going to take more than 4 to fix it. Honestly, I see it taking more like a full decade to really get our collective shit together and to do it properly.

But more importantly:

IS IT FUCKING OVER YET!!??

Last edited:
So, around what time will the results be announced tomorrow?

I just remember last time I was checking the TV and it was showing the live counting of the election and then went straight to the acceptance speech, etc. So I guess it gave me an impression that there was a 'fixed vote tallying time'

Every time someone tries to explain the electoral college to me, I get reminded of this classic:

Fun times. Made sense 200 years ago but not today.
The electoral college might make sense if what you were electing was a 640 member executive council called "a president". If the members of the electoral collage sat a term of four years being executive, it might make sense. Then again, that form of governance wouldn't really make sense anyway.

But as it is, the electoral college should go. And that's coming from me despite the fact Obama might win the electoral college and loose the popular vote.

So, around what time will the results be announced tomorrow?
It will depend, but I suppose the first results might start ticking in at about 9 or 10 EST, or 03-04.00 CET for us Europeans.

Which one of them proposes mass executions of treehuggers and various other useless vermin again?

I would be voting for that guy.

*ducks*

I made the not-so-great decision to go vote AFTER work.

No, LeVeL, I'm not a Republican... :p

Kind of regretting it, 'cause the tension is already starting to kill me.
At least I'm leaving the office early today to vote...

I am not voting, nor do I have any intentions to. Actually, ever since I have been able to vote, I haven't.

I am eligible, but not voting. Obama is the cool cucumber, but isn't that great. And Romney is a meh. Though I personally might lean towards Obama just so that it's easier to get things done with the 2nd term on the way. It's like choosing between a turd sandwich and giant douche, anyway :p

Then vote third party and change things.

After 5 years of being eligible to vote, I got to do so in person for the first time. So much better than absentee ballots. I can taste the democracy.

After 5 years of being eligible to vote, I got to do so in person for the first time. So much better than absentee ballots. I can taste the democracy.
I do agree! Last election, I had to absentee vote, but I did it at the local Town hall. It is a great feeling, stuffing that envelope in the box, knowing you're able to excercise something to which millions around the world aspire to aquire.

I had a rather lengthy debate with a Russian classmate today, he is of the opinion that voting doesn't matter. Which is true, I suppose. But if everybody votes, the system does work. Voting is part of what makes us who we are. I suppose.

I dropped off my ballot a couple hours ago. When this state is consumed by the minions of Hell as a result, you can blame me for voting to allow homosexuals to call their civil unions marriage, legalizing pot, and electing Gary Johnson.

I am not voting, nor do I have any intentions to. Actually, ever since I have been able to vote, I haven't.

Personally since you live in a democracy and have the right and ability to vote I consider it an insult to those around the world you don't have such freedom if you don't take up that right.

I dropped off my ballot a couple hours ago. When this state is consumed by the minions of Hell as a result, you can blame me for voting to allow homosexuals to call their civil unions marriage, legalizing pot, and electing Gary Johnson.

Gary Johnson? :p

Personally since you live in a democracy and have the right and ability to vote I consider it an insult to those around the world you don't have such freedom if you don't take up that right.

Me too.

The most exciting part of this election was definitely the hot girl I was in line with at the polls tonight.

I hope you got her phone number. I was in line with a bunch of old people this afternoon, so no fun to be had there.