So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

• Obama/Biden

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Romney/Ryan

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Third party

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most exciting part of this election was definitely the hot girl I was in line with at the polls tonight.
Yeah, I often get that feeling from fleeting acquaintances. Wether they're hot or not, that's not what I meant, but well, yeah, you know.

I hope you got her phone number. I was in line with a bunch of old people this afternoon, so no fun to be had there.
Didn't try; have a girlfriend :p Seriously though, all this election hysteria has gotten annoying; especially political facebook rants and "I voted today" stickers.

I make a point of not posting long rants on Facebook. What I do do is to add a comment to most of the US2012 status updates, if they reply and start a conversation, I've got a better chance of having someone to heckle and pester all night. :p

I voted about a month ago by mail for Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Right to Repair and Medicinal Ganja. Right to Repair should be a big issue on here, because it's a gearhead issue. I hope everyone who could voted for it.

Voted for Obama a couple weeks ago (Oregon is 100% vote by mail) but out west here that's like pissing into the ocean -- we're thoroughly blue out here so not a big deal who I voted for.

For everyone else:

Fun times. Made sense 200 years ago but not today.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a smart person. It's really only the swing states where voting actually matters (see above videos).
I love this guy's channel but he takes too long between videos :(

I have learned today that it is illegal to show who you voted for in NY...

I will only vote when a representative from an anarchist party gets on the ballot :)

Last edited:
I voted about a month ago by mail for Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Right to Repair and Medicinal Ganja. Right to Repair should be a big issue on here, because it's a gearhead issue. I hope everyone who could voted for it.
Oh no, you voted for Warren? Don't you know she's a fake indian?

:lol:

I will only vote when a representative from an anarchist party gets on the ballot :)
That's a very anti-diluvian concept.

The most exciting part of this election was definitely the hot girl I was in line with at the polls tonight.

Somewhat similar..i couldn't help but check out the hot poll worker* I saw at my polling place. The "election helpers" were all college kids so he was definitely my age. Since I had to fill out a provisional ballot, alas we couldn't cross paths. :(

*insert hot poll/pole innuendo here lol

Didn't take me long to vote at all. Took me about two minutes to get my ballot. Voted for Obama, the Demo candidate for State Senate, ignored all the unopposed Repugnants, retained the one judge on the ballot (compared to Chicago, where you end up voting for about fifty judges, this was refreshing), voted for higher education funding, voted to deny a requirement for a supermajority of the Illinois house and senate per collective bargaining by government employees, and got my sticker. Then I went to the gas station and Arby's. Five minutes total.

So far, so good. Four more years.

Voted early ballot before Halloween. Voted straight party vote, all dems. Voted out of anger, voted out of spite, voted out of revenge and it felt good. Also voted for Justice Wiggins, the one Judge the stupid tea bagger assholes wanted removed because he had the gall to think gays had the same right to marry.

Iowa delivered Obama in 08, Iowa helped seal it in 2012.

Last edited:
Voted early ballot before Halloween. Voted straight party vote, all dems. Voted out of anger, voted out of spite, voted out of revenge and it felt good.

Oh, it does, doesn't it? Felt the exact same way in the booth. Felt better as I watched tonight.

Also voted for Justice Wiggins, the one Judge the stupid tea bagger assholes wanted removed because he had the gall to think gays had the same right to marry.

Well, the teabaggers got rid of the other three in 2010. Yeah, that changed everything, didn't it? And now Maryland and Maine have destroyed the meme, and Washington and Minnesota are about do the same.

Iowa delivered Obama in 08, Iowa helped seal it in 2012.

I love Des Moines. Great city, always have enjoyed going there. If they'd still allowed smoking in hotel rooms, it'd be perfect.

ignored all the unopposed Repugnants
I was pleased - I don't remember seeing a single unopposed candidate on our ballots. We had both Libertarians and Greens on the ballot, and a number of positions had a Republican and then either a Democrat or a Libertarian. One position had a Democrat and a Green, no Republican and no Libertarian (in Texas!).

Shut the front door!

Yes, I watch to many movies.

Marijuana and same sex marriage are now legal in WA. The former depending on if Obama goes after us like he threatened to go after CA.

Romney might very well be terrible. But maybe he won't be so terrible. Obama has proven how terrible he is. There's my decision. Bring in a new administration to try and fix the economy and kick them out in four years to reverse whatever social bullshit they pass.

I know the election is over but I was having trouble posting yesterday so could not respond.

So the devil you do not know instead of the devil you do? Wait that is not how that quote works.

It takes a lot more then four years to fix the mess caused by eight years of bad policies. It takes a lot more then four years to recover from a major financial crisis caused by a housing bubble. All of the historical trends in economics tell us this.

The real annual GDP growth before Obama took office was nearly nine percent. That is depression level bad.

wh_gdp_sept_0_0.jpeg

By the end of quarter four 2009 with the stimulus plan, that you admit was to having worked, starting to kick in real GDP was four percent. As the stimulus faded it GDP started to fall and it wasn't really large enough to fill the over trillion dollar GDP hole we had. A few hundred million dollars properly targeted would probably have reduced that GDP slide and transitioned us better to keep the near negative GDP rate we had in the first quarter of 2011.

Here is a quarterly graph.

3AB7F1B1C1CADE4F97B638C41366A9.JPG

Then you have job growth.

This is just public sector jobs. If more stimulus money had gone to the states directly then there would have been less public sector layoffs. For most of 2010 and 2011 almost all the job losses were at the state and local level.

privsecmthlyARRA709.jpg

That was job loss caused directly by Republican obstruction. It did not have to happen.

Now with the recent revisions to job reports from earlier in the year we are creating more jobs per month on average in 2012 then we did in 2011. Remember we do not need 150,000 plus jobs a month to keep up with population growth anymore because we have a smaller prime working age population. Thousands of baby boomers are retiring every month now so there are less people of working age. I have seen estimates of between 91,000 and 125,000 jobs per month to keep up with new workers entering the workforce. I think 91,000 seems awful low but it is possible if you have more baby boomers taking early retirement then we think.

There are still more revisions to come with the big ones happening at the end of Jan 2013. A strong fourth plus revisions could push average 2012 job growth past 200,000 a month. That is a huge swing from Jan 2009 when we were losing over 700,000 jobs per month. Obviously 200,000 a month is not the greatest even if we only need a 100,000 or so per month to keep up with population growth. That recovery is just going to expand and start to steamroll as things pick up. It just takes a long time to recover from this kind of crisis. There were things we could have done to make it better but we didn't for a variety of reasons. And you know what not all of them are the Republicans fault. The administration could and should have done some things differently.

Also in the long run the Affordable care act/Obamacare is going to create jobs and this is why...

http://britishrover.wordpress.com/2...dable-care-act-or-obamacare-will-create-jobs/

I am not voting, nor do I have any intentions to. Actually, ever since I have been able to vote, I haven't.

And you live in Ohio where your vote actually counted more then a regular voter. Fucking moron.

I dropped off my ballot a couple hours ago. When this state is consumed by the minions of Hell as a result, you can blame me for voting to allow homosexuals to call their civil unions marriage, legalizing pot, and electing Gary Johnson.

Excellent I approve this message.

That is awesome. There were two cute girls standing outside the polling place holding signs for the woman who won our congressional seat and another for our state rep. When I went back by there near the end of the day the first one was still there and it was cold. That is some dedication to be there for something like ten hours as I drove past that polling station a couple of times and she was there every time.

Last edited:
I was pleased - I don't remember seeing a single unopposed candidate on our ballots. We had both Libertarians and Greens on the ballot, and a number of positions had a Republican and then either a Democrat or a Libertarian. One position had a Democrat and a Green, no Republican and no Libertarian (in Texas!).

Yeah that was..wierd. It actually made me want to look into the policies and positions of the officials in our local government. Maybe I'll try that "informed decision" nonsense no one is talking about the next time I vote.