So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

• Obama/Biden

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Romney/Ryan

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Third party

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
I was curious as to who FinalGeareans would vote for, since we are somewhat of an eclectic mix of people...

So, (private) poll time...

Edit: Title changed to include non-'murican members...

Last edited:
I do not qualify for a vote but I had the whole electoral college thing explained. If Romney squeaks in I fear for the reputation of democracy in the country that exemplifies it. Crude gerrymandering is no way to win an election and if he wins it will make the hanging chads debacle look small beer. Anyhow good luck America, either a major Romney win or an Obama win of any size would be best.

Voted. All I'm gonna say is HATERS GONNA HATE.

Poll needs altering. Those of us who are ineligible to vote because of nationality should have that option to select or at least be asked to refrain from using the "I'm not voting".

I am eligible, but not voting. Obama is the cool cucumber, but isn't that great. And Romney is a meh. Though I personally might lean towards Obama just so that it's easier to get things done with the 2nd term on the way. It's like choosing between a turd sandwich and giant douche, anyway :p

I am eligible, but not voting. Obama is the cool cucumber, but isn't that great. And Romney is a meh. Though I personally might lean towards Obama just so that it's easier to get things done with the 2nd term on the way. It's like choosing between a turd sandwich and giant douche, anyway :p

Good, don't vote, that'll fix everything.

If you are eligible, I'd highly encourage you to vote, whomever it may be for. Here's a list of reasons to vote, pick and choose whichever suit you.

1) Whatever the outcome, the result does influence, if not dictate, the direction of the country for 4 years or more.
2) The outcome of many issues are at stake, including abortion/contraception, the influence of religion in government, the size and use of the military, govt spending levels, one or two supreme court justices, and many more.
3) The health and strength of a democracy is dependent upon how many of its citizens participate.
4) Can't complain about what happens in government if you don't try to influence it.
5) All the cool kids are doing it.
6) You want to be a cool kid, don't you?

It's hard to decide who to vote for, when both candidates are so equally... great.

Re: So who are/did/would you voting/vote for?

If you are eligible, I'd highly encourage you to vote, whomever it may be for. Here's a list of reasons to vote, pick and choose whichever suit you.

1) Whatever the outcome, the result does influence, if not dictate, the direction of the country for 4 years or more.
2) The outcome of many issues are at stake, including abortion/contraception, the influence of religion in government, the size and use of the military, govt spending levels, one or two supreme court justices, and many more.
3) The health and strength of a democracy is dependent upon how many of its citizens participate.
4) Can't complain about what happens in government if you don't try to influence it.

Couldn't agree more. The amount of voter apathy among 20 somethings is disheartening yet not surprising.

Romney might very well be terrible. But maybe he won't be so terrible. Obama has proven how terrible he is. There's my decision. Bring in a new administration to try and fix the economy and kick them out in four years to reverse whatever social bullshit they pass.

Great to see people are voting, no matter what you vote for, vote. Good luck, I certainly hope this one goes allright.

I don't like discussing for whom I voted, as people tend to make snap judgments based on it (yes, voted - early voting). I do think it's important to go to a polling place and submit a ballot. If you do not like Obama/Biden or Romney/Ryan, give a third party a look. If those don't look appealing, consider write-ins. If those don't fit your perspective/preference either, leave the president spot blank. But look up the other voting options you'll have in the area. We had a large number of state and local positions to vote about along with a few city ordinance changes. I actually left a few positions blank as I didn't want to vote for any of the available candidates. Be part of the process.

Third party here. I just can't support the process we have now. There are no ideas being discussed, just enough to distract us, and divide us.

Since my state is going to Obama, I am voting for Jill Stein from the green party. but if I lived in Ohio or another swing state I would be voting for Obama

I do not qualify for a vote but I had the whole electoral college thing explained. If Romney squeaks in I fear for the reputation of democracy in the country that exemplifies it. Crude gerrymandering is no way to win an election and if he wins it will make the hanging chads debacle look small beer. Anyhow good luck America, either a major Romney win or an Obama win of any size would be best.

Every time someone tries to explain the electoral college to me, I get reminded of this classic:

hahaha I'm not cool, but for me to vote it'll have to too tedious. I have to get a social security number, then register, then blah blah