So who do you think should be the third presenter? Place your bets.

to keep with the top gear pedigree they shouldn't have a race car driver on the cast,
thats why they have the stig.

hes the racing driver aspect to there group

If Ezra Dyer is not a part of this show, that would be the biggest crime of the century. He is the American Top Gear all on his own. I hope they pick up a copy of Automobile magazine and read his columns. He is a younger, more handsome, American Jeremy Clarkson.

Come on, read this stuff and tell me its not Clarkson-esque!

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/columns/0801_dyer_consequences_brand_loyalty/index.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/columns/0707_dyer_consequences/index.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/great_drives/0610_ezra_buys_an_m3/index.html

I am going to have to give a +1 for that. That guy definitely knows what he's talking about, and definitely knows that pissing people off is necessary sometimes. I'd support it. Boring Tanner whatever his name is can be dumped without a gripe from me.
and his best article yet:

http://www.careyholzman.com/EzraDyer2.pdf

Well the thing is i dont know if anyone really knew who James was before he was on top gear, so i think they need a complete nobody.........I volunteer :mrgreen:

Dan Patrick wearing this http://iloveracing.ru/content/danica-patrick-fhm-4.jpg would make me watch ! ;)

picard.jpg

hmmm...
would love to see anyone of:
Anthony Bourdain, Tim Allen or Jay Leno..entertaining people
Not Leno as much but anyways he has declined it
Simon Cowell (just speaking out loud)

you guys are all more hopeless the NBC, that is everybody except for the people who suggested Titus :p

I personally don't think Tanner Faust is unbearably bad, hes just a bit boring (which is still bad). He knows enough about cars that if somebody taught him how to write (err, maybe not so easy, but lets just say) he would probably be at least as interesting as Hammond.

To be honest i do think theirs plenty of people who might be good, but this whole threads just kind of a turn off, alot of people coming in on their first posts just to curse off how much they hate Tanner Faust or how big of a boner they have for Jim Carey. meh

Last edited:
I personally don't think Tanner Faust is unbearably bad, hes just a bit boring (which is still bad). He knows enough about cars that if somebody taught him how to write (err, maybe not so easy, but lets just say) he would probably be at least as interesting as Hammond.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying. You can teach people to be better presenters.

Tiff was so enthusiatic about spazcar, I was surpised that he had so many good things to say about it. The interview they did of the only British spazcar driver, I forgot his name... haha... he seemed like an interesting type to be on TV.

If they get a driver, then who will be captain slow??

-Robert

Tiff was only enthusiastic about NASCAR because Five inked a deal to show NASCAR races in England and were trying to build excitement. It was a complete BS sell-out move. I don't blame Tiff but his employers and the NASCAR money grabbers.

The chemistry of the three hosts is probably more important than the individual strengths of the third host.

I wonder how Alex Roy would do? He did kind of choke when he was on Letterman, but his coast to coast drive gives him major cred in my book.

I don't know about Priestley, he always seemed annoying when narrating "Rides".

What about Brock Yates? I don't think he would sugar coat reviews. He might even piss a few people off.

Alex Roy would be excellent but he might turn a bunch of people off, still he'd be entertaining for the 3 or 4 shows until either he or the show gets pulled from the air.

Brock Sr. would be good, he's old enough to not give a sh1t anymore about what anyone thinks and therefore his opinion would be very entertaining.

The more I think about it, Alex Roy would be ideal.

Ezra Dyer.. yes... that would be very interesting indeed.
Alex Roy.... I'm biased because I work with him... but... that would be cool :)

Who else do we know that has some form of on camera presense in the U.S. market? Any internet shows that we are turning a blind eye too?

Tiff was only enthusiastic about NASCAR because Five inked a deal to show NASCAR races in England and were trying to build excitement. It was a complete BS sell-out move. I don't blame Tiff but his employers and the NASCAR money grabbers.
Good point. I didn't catch that... maybe cuz I wanted to believe Tiff wasn't a sell out.

Danny Tanner Faust can get better... he seemed more enthusiastic during that OTR07 vid/interview... so there is hope. He seems like an on the level kinda guy.

I secretly think Jay Leno will be back on... somehow...

-Robert

If they can get him, PJ O'Rourke. Cultured, traveled, user of words such as "bin" and "trousers", gushing over the massiveness of aircraft carriers, and quoted by Clarkson himself as calling the Porsche 911 an "ass-engined Nazi slot car". He's also been on Have I Got News For You a few times, so he has some experience on TV. Long shot, but would be perfect.

Ezra Dyer.. yes... that would be very interesting indeed.
Alex Roy.... I'm biased because I work with him... but... that would be cool :)

Who else do we know that has some form of on camera presense in the U.S. market? Any internet shows that we are turning a blind eye too?

Have you asked him if he would be interested? Has he submitted anything to NBC?

Why not just get Conan O'Brien to do it? They already own his soul