So who do you think should be the third presenter? Place your bets.

Why not just get Conan O'Brien to do it? They already own his soul
Because he already has a fulltime job and will be moving to the 11:35 slot soon. Plus, he's not a car guy.

Unfortunately this is America, and I think that stone cold heterosexual preferences will take hold. They are going to pick some unbelievably hot girl who can't drive.

No, not Danica. Just Kidding. I really want to see some Streetfire.net talent there. Any of the guys from IMV films would do nicely.

I figured it out: Dave Coleman
He's the technical editor for Sport Compact Car magazine. He used to do guest spots on some car show ( forget which ) a few years ago. I doubt anybody knows who the hell I'm talking about, but he seems like a really likable guy.

Brock Yates would be awesome, too. Wasn't he involved with cannonball racing back in the day?

Paul Tracy is too homosexual for the show. You know it, I know it, and the American people know it. Perhaps if all they asked him to do were to wreck, then he might have a shot.

Alex Roy might be cool, but he doesn't really fit the TG profile either.

For one, we need an automotive JOURNALIST that's free to give his opinions at-will. Since this is America, land of the free and home of the sponsors, you can bet automakers will be involved with sponsoring the program and free from "bad press." Especially domestic makers. They know they're losing, they also know why. Above all else, they don't want to be reminded why every time they turn on the program they paid for. This, most-likely, won't happen.

Then you've got your fun loving, automotive informed, TV personality. This would be Richard's job, and I assume Adam's filling this slot.

As for James May, well, you need a man that's classically trained in the finer things in life, yet understands and appreciates the technical aspects of cars today. Getting lost in traffic would be a bonus, too. Some one that is detail-oriented to the point of being considered "anal."

As for Tanner being the Stig, forget it. You've seen how tight-lipped the shows been about the Stigs identity. To announce Tanner and 3 hosts would surely ruin the name. You need an American driver that's retired, yet still fast as hell!

Forget finding James' "clone", good luck on that last one. I recommend most any driver from CART/IRL/WHATEVERITSCALLEDTHESEDAYS, other than Andretti. I just hate that guy, that's all.

Because he already has a fulltime job and will be moving to the 11:35 slot soon. Plus, he's not a car guy.

That was a joke... I didn't mean it seriously. I think it has to be said, NBC will have to go with someone who will say yes. Leno said no, then he wrote about it and why, so now there are certain to be a lot of people who won't touch it.

Last edited:
I vote for me. I have no TV experience, but I can write if needed, and I'm always willing to learn :p

Personally, I'd rather just see the full-length episodes of TG on TV than have an american copy that is practically destined to fail. You can copy formats, ideas and many other things. But you can't copy brilliance, which is what Top Gear has achieved for the most part. The more they say it's going to be like top gear, the more I'm going to be disappointed when it falls short, or misses the mark altogether.

Besides, everyone knows that stuff is funnier with a british accent.

My personal votes would be for Tim Allen or Titus. Both are well qualified for the job IMHO. I remember watching Titus on some of the Rides episodes he was on, and he has it in him for it with the mix of humor and plain old knowledge. Tim Allen I think is very much the same way (I miss his stand up).

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced Corolla is the right guy for it. But, we'll see what happens.

Ezra Dyer.. yes... that would be very interesting indeed.
Alex Roy.... I'm biased because I work with him... but... that would be cool :)

Who else do we know that has some form of on camera presense in the U.S. market? Any internet shows that we are turning a blind eye too?

Yes... there are internet shows. OURS for example.

But we share everyone's fear of NBC ruining everything that's great about TG.

Would LOVE to be considered though.

And Hosting is harder than you think. Bet you can teach a great host to drive easier than teach a great driver to host.

What about Derek DeAngelis from Fast Lane Daily?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8fUKVXB6g[/youtube]

He's got a sense of humor and delivers things very well.

My personal votes would be for Tim Allen or Titus. Both are well qualified for the job IMHO. I remember watching Titus on some of the Rides episodes he was on, and he has it in him for it with the mix of humor and plain old knowledge. Tim Allen I think is very much the same way (I miss his stand up).

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced Corolla is the right guy for it. But, we'll see what happens.

I can see Titus, he definately can deliver lines well. But for some reason, I think there should be someone on the show to offset the whole "California" vibe.

Oy, after watching Adam on the Speed Pontiac Test Drive show yesterday he's like listening to;

Andy Rooney on helium.

that Janice chick from Friends.

Fran Drescher.

Losing hope fast....

Thought

Thought

Does the 3rd presenter have to be someone we've heard of? I've been following a site called Everyday Driver and one of the hosts, Todd, has Jeremy's knowledge and James' hair. I've read his columns on the site and he's knowledgeable, but has a very distinct opinion on things (see the "The Thing About Silver" and "The Carrera Problem", for proof.)

The just posted their "pilot" in 4 segments on the site and it look incredible. I wonder what kind of budget they have for it, but I digress.

My official nomination is for Todd Deeken, from Everyday Driver.

Hang on, who will be the Stig :stig: ?

that is the beauty of the "stig" character it doesn't matter who he is, any racing driver given a few laps on the same open track is going to find the best lap, and that is how top gear does it. There might be 3-4 diffrent "stigs" it does not matter. there is no need for the stig to be the same driver every time. that is why he is "the stig"

i think Mike Rowe who hosts dirty jobs on the discovery channel would be a good host, granted he does ads for ford, but he is seems to be able to host anything and he seems to get along with everyone

i think Mike Rowe who hosts dirty jobs on the discovery channel would be a good host, granted he does ads for ford, but he is seems to be able to host anything and he seems to get along with everyone
Is he even into cars?

What about Derek DeAngelis from Fast Lane Daily?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8fUKVXB6g[/youtube]

He's got a sense of humor and delivers things very well.

are you kidding? He's such a cocksmooch.

By the looks of it, probably cost a six pack and a couple large pizzas.

Oh, he who casts the first stone...

So, is the potential 3rd presenter eliminated if they're not already on tv?

Personally, I think Adam Corolla is going to single handedly kill US/UK relations if this show ever gets off the ground (maybe the 3rd time will be the charm). Being a car guy is one thing, but his nasally voice is reason enough for me not to watch it.

Personally, I think Adam Corolla is going to single handedly kill US/UK relations if this show ever gets off the ground (maybe the 3rd time will be the charm). Being a car guy is one thing, but his nasally voice is reason enough for me not to watch it.

We've taken abuse for a while now, its about time we test the supposedly legendary British sense of humor with relentless insults about your nonexistent cars, terrible food, and poor dentistry.

Oh, he who casts the first stone...

So, is the potential 3rd presenter eliminated if they're not already on tv?

My comment was only directed at the cost of that show, not at all in regards to the value of the hosts on the show. I kinda know what I'm talking about in this regard. ;)