So who do you think should be the third presenter? Place your bets.

I would put my vote in for Jason Priestly to be number 3 for the hosts.

Not only does he know how to drive a car (he has run open wheel, and endurance races) but he also knows his cars and has not done alot of TV or Movies since Beverly Hills 90210.

AudiMike

Derek Bell would be my choice. Someone relatively obscure, but still has a name for himself out there.
I know he works for the speed channel, but he's an experienced racer, and currently a commentator for the American Le Mans series.
Actually that guy Stacey David, has a show called Gearz, could be another cool one. I've always thought he was a really cool guy cuz he knows his shit. But not sure on how much of a racer he is.

Anyways, I think Derek Bell would be way better than goofball Titus, or Branden Walsh (90210 reference)... They just have bad type-cast'd images of them because of their brutal acting backgrounds.
Tommy Kendall tries too hard as a presenter... Too boring. And he never has a bad thing to say about whatever he's driving. But I think that mostly has to do with the fact that the shows he has is always sponsored by the manufacturer of what he's driving on the show.
And since i'm on the topic of boring people, holy shit Tanner Faust is lame....

Jim Carrey would be funny as hell. :p

Jim%20Carry01.jpg

Don't know how much he knows about cars though.

If Ezra Dyer is not a part of this show, that would be the biggest crime of the century. He is the American Top Gear all on his own. I hope they pick up a copy of Automobile magazine and read his columns. He is a younger, more handsome, American Jeremy Clarkson.

Come on, read this stuff and tell me its not Clarkson-esque!

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/columns/0801_dyer_consequences_brand_loyalty/index.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/columns/0707_dyer_consequences/index.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/great_drives/0610_ezra_buys_an_m3/index.html

and his best article yet:

http://www.careyholzman.com/EzraDyer2.pdf

Last edited:
I really don't see them going for a female. With NBC/Carolla saying they are trying to pull off a carbon copy of Top Gear, not a Top Gear/Fifth Gear style show, a female just doesn't fit in.

I think Tim Allen would be a great choice. I have seen his stand up and he is one funny guy, and really what else is he doing?!? Another 'Santa Clause' movie? Let's just make sure he can keep the bottles out of the test cars. lol

Why not use one Brit and bring over Tom Ford from Fifth Gear. He is the only one on that show I like. More of a common guy with a few quirks.

Rob

Come on people. How can I be the first to say this?
We need a concert pianist!

duh :mrgreen:

Chris Titus would be great, and I think Tanner will do a decent job. Not too sure about Adam, though.

Wow, I totally forgot about Titus. He's funny but really into cars. Great idea!

And yeah, I think Tanner will do fine as well. He may have not been the best for those SPEED shows, but I know he will improve in time for the show. :)

Faust is an Opera. Foust is a driver. Let's at least get Tanner's name straight.

I blame the original article which mispelled his name. I've been copy/pasting ever since. D'oh.

Fixed.

I agree that Chip Foose would be a good third host.

I dunno, while he's an awesome designer, I dunno if he's the best host. Kinda boring.

I really think NBC dropped the ball with Dan Neil. He is the american version of James May.

He admitted himself that he's not the best for TV and from what I've heard, I'd agree.

Great writer, not the best TV host.

I hear the guy from Seinfeld is mad into cars, Porsches mostly !

Seinfeld's cool and all, but I worry about him being too big of a name and therefore distracting.

Plus, he'd want eleventy billion dollars I'm sure.

Jim Carrey would be funny as hell. :p

Jim%20Carry01.jpg

Don't know how much he knows about cars though.

They need a car guy, not a weird comedian. I think it'd suck if they didn't get a true car nut.

Tom and Ray Magliozi.

Haha, they're awesome, but they do a weekly show outta Boston, run their shops, have families, etc. No way they could commute out to LA. ;)

Any of the actors from Gone in 60 Seconds.

Was that a joke? :|

I haven't seen Tim Allen outside of Home Improvement, but in that show he's sardonic, bumbling, and a bit stubborn, very much May qualities. IMO he's always been a strong candidate from the start, and he should take a shot at it.

Agreed. Tim Allen would be a good fit for this show. :)

I think Tommy Kendall would be a damn good presenter for this show, but he's pretty much owned by SPEED (and thus FOX).

I think he's more of a motorbike type, but another SPEED guy is Dave Despain, who the NASCAR faithful may recognize btw.

However, I like the idea of finding someone who is not really a celebrity as much as a writer/car afficianado. They just have to have the TV charisma.

Tanner Faust?! Tanner Faust?! If Richard Hammond is a Bugatti Veyron, then Tanner Faust is a 1984 Ford Tempo. Tanner Faust is so far away from being good....if good is Tokyo then Tanner Faust is London. That's how far away from a good choice he is. Are they trying to bury this show before it even starts?

He seems likes he fancies pickles, to be honest.

Oh, and I actually do sorta agree that Tim Allen could be very interesting...but they'd probably never get him. The most important thing is the chemistry of the 3 people they do end up with, though. That's why Top Gear works...because the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond, and May is unbelievable. That goes for most shows or movies that really click, it's because the cast clicks.

Last edited:
I can only think of one.

I can only think of one.

My money is on the third presenter being female. And I wouldn't mind it so much, if they were knowledgeable enough.

this is a slippery slope, be careful, usually adding a female to a successful formula can be a recipe for disaster. that being said. with over 17 years around motor sports in the US. and competing in various aspects there is only one female I know in the US I've met who can handle a Risque joke,(and understand it means no offense) Turn wrenches as good as any guy, and sit down at the bar and have a whiskey when it's all done.

Amanda Hennessy

http://web.mac.com/amandahennessy/amandahennessy.com/Amanda_Hennessy_Welcomes_You!.html

There are too many girl drivers that try to play that off as a weakness. she just doesn't, even dismissing an interview I watched since they started asking the "is it harder as a girl questions" she just blew off the camera guy for asking such a stupid question, and I have the utmost respect for that, plus she is young and apparently a model, that doesn't hurt her cause, I believe she is a Fully Certified ASE mechanic.

I know she can drive, She's beaten me... and I've been driving competitively since she was 9

I know she Knows her stuff.

the only unanswered question is she a good personality on video. well when we took her "I drive faster then boys" Picture, and Photo cropped "But not Fat old men" onto the shirt, and stuck it to our car on during lap of America last year, the short time we were actually beating her team, she not only got the joke, she had a quick witted funny comeback... Truly nice person. and I hardly EVER say that about an attractive female driver. since I think most of them are awful and stuck up. (since most of them always get their way) but being a good competitor and decent person does not exactly make a good TV personality. however I feel this is one that _might_ work.

JL

Last edited:
What about Brock Yates? I don't think he would sugar coat reviews. He might even piss a few people off.

Brock Sr. your right I get the impression he really enjoys laughing in the face of the "establishment" but he is getting up there in age, not that that dampened his spirit at all since he still is working on making the "real" cannonball movie. but I really don't believe a mature presenter is correct for this program.

Brock's Son, Brock Jr. is just as much of a ball breaker as his dad if not more. (How could you not being growing up in that house) the first time I met him, had no idea who he was.. exchanged greetings in the mens room of all places, and he starts busting on me, funny dude. but as a presenter? I.D.K., but hell anything is possible.