So who is a Rush fan around here?

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
I know the ages and geography of this group is pretty damn diverse, so I thought it might be interesting to see who feels what about Rush. I am sitting here watching "Beyond the Lighted Stage" right now and loving it.... very well done documentary, and the band pretty much kicks ass. Who else is with me here, and if you don't like them, what turns you off about them?

I was thinking about some shitty run off the mill Australian police drama, then I was like oh, the band.

I try avoid being in a rush.

I am, but I only like their music up to Signals.

LMAO.... I forgot how many directions you could take that word... yes people THE BAND!!!

View attachment 3698

I am, to a degree. I have a few Rush LPs, but they are not on top of my list.

I like pretty much all heavy prog rock though, and you can't listen to that sort of music without Rush.

[video=youtube;B3hJ5-ngUow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3hJ5-ngUow[/video]

You know it's a good song when people sing along... to an instrumental!

I'm a fan. Their music in the last couple decades has been mixed between great and mediocre. The early stuff was incredible, if you haven't listened to 2112 (album and song) and Hemispheres you are doing yourself a disservice.

I'm a fan, mostly because I'm a drummer.

[video=youtube;FCbrppb-phQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCbrppb-phQ[/video]

I think they're playing at Bluesfest this year. I might go see them if I have time.

if you haven't listened to 2112 (album and song) and Hemispheres you are doing yourself a disservice.

Hemispheres is what got me into Rush; my brother bought the tape for me on my 12th birthday. Can you imagine being 12 and trying to figure out that album?!? After listening to that, Other bands like Camel, ELP, Genesis and King Crimson started making sense.

If King Crimson makes sense to you something is wrong. :p

I speak as someone who listens to mostly everything from Larks Tongue in Aspic on.

Rush is great.

I mostly listen to Progressive metal and technical Death metal, so Rush is really the for fathers of everything I love.

From what I've heard from people who don't like Rush, it's Geddy's voice. But I for one think he's great.