So, Who is the stig?

Oddly enough, I would guess it would be more important to MATCH it consistently, rather than beat it.

This way the pre-existing lap times would still be considered relatively valid.

I wouldnt count Sabine out though

True. I was merely operating under the pretense that they couldn't possibly be right about anything :D.

I also thought they might stay away from anyone who has any sort of profile whatsoever.

Ant Davidson is racing with Peugeot, still has a role in Mercedes GP, and is employed at Radio 5 Live. I think his plate is pretty full.

Ant Davidson is racing with Peugeot, still has a role in Mercedes GP, and is employed at Radio 5 Live. I think his plate is pretty full.

I don't see how any of these activities would/could have stopped him from being able to film those segments this week. As for the future - the Peugeot LM stuff might take him away, but AFAIK he does most of his 5-Live stuff from a UK studio....

Anyhoo, all speculation :)

The good news is that the transition was relatively seamless and the whole BC thing now seems to be a fuss over nothing (or a publicity stunt....?!)

Last edited:
Maybe it's Ben Collins - the last person anyone would suspect :)

Some say that he's like an onion, and if you peeled of the white suit and helmet you'd find another white suit and helmet, ad infinitum.

All we know is that most of us here don't actually give a toss one way or the other.

Urghh....not this again.

It's quite obviously...

It's quite obviously...

...Granny Sadie.

Despite the fact that Ant Davidson has (as everyone has already pointed out) an awful lot of things to do and the fact that he openly discussed on Twitter some time ago that he was bookies favourite for the job and that he was DEFINITELY NOT going to be the new stig, when I saw him sitting in that Atom I still thought to myself "You know what? Judging by his height and general build, that really could be Ant Davidson".

Why don't I ever listen to myself. I know it's not him, but I still think it could be him.:?

The chances are it's someone none of us have ever heard of, unless you really follow all sorts of racing very closely.

When it was first introduced the unwashed masses kept going on about it being Damon Hill or whomever, but of course it wasn't.

99.99% of the populous had never heard or Perry McCarthy before he outed himself as the Stig, and I'm pretty sure the same applied to Ben Collins.

Anyway as Cowboy so succinctly put it "Not this again!".

:dancinglock:???????

I'm going to postulate he is Tiff: he is a competent driver, friends with Clarkson, and would have no reason to go on a publicity grab.

Your avatar has the crappy plastic bumpers and the wrong wheels.

Your argument is invalid! :p

More to the point the TG boys pointed out that the Stig 2.1 has no buttocks and is shorter and more slightly built than 2.0. I'd say that rules Tiff out since he's not a particularly small guy and HWFT has commented on more than one occasion that he has a nice arse.

But then again she fancies Ben Collins so.......

Your avatar has the crappy plastic bumpers and the wrong wheels.

At least my avy's other wheel is on the proper side. :p

I assume Tiff removes part of his posterior and shrinks a few inches in order to throw us all off.

Reactions: MWF
:hmm:

Some say he has adjustable ride height, and that his buttocks are detachable for ease of maintenance..........

Last edited: