So, Who is the stig?

Sounds older. Someone in their 40s at least. Reminds me very much of one of the instructors from Thruxton who was involved with the Dunlop Race Academy when I was a semi finalist in 2007. So have they recruited an instructor rather than a competitive driver?

That would make a lot of sense since the new Stig seems to have shaved a good 2-3 seconds off the SIARPC times in short order.

Just for those who may not yet have seen 16x02.....

Is it just me or did the Stig in the 599 GTO seem a) to be larger than the one who drove the Atom V8 and b) to have a totally different, smoother and much less tail happy driving style.

My thought was that the Ferrari was filmed at the track before Collins left which would explain both the different style and a time which I thought was pretty slow given how we know that car performs against its sibling at Maranello.

Or it could just support the multiple Stigs theory.
It would make sense if it were Collins because Clarkson had the car around the time he was shooting The Italian Job, he even talked about how he went down to Maranello shortly after they filmed the track test. They might have only had the ability to drive the car during that time so they did the lap then, when Ben was still the Stig.

I posted over in that thread with the Boris Becker video that I thought it sounded like Rob Collard, he's also quite short and probably late 30's or early 40's. That doesn't mean it's him though because he is from Hampshire, as is the Thruxton circuit so I wouldn't be surprised if he and the instructors sound the same. What it does tell us though is that he's older and possibly from Hampshire but certainly from the south of England.

Last edited:
I think it's Jonny Herbert. Certainly was small enough, but Herbert's limp would give it away easily.

surely its sebastian loeb?

or

that guy that won the race of champs?

my guess goes with gingertom and ben collard. i've watched him in BTCC interviews for the past 3 years and looks the part, body launguage and from what we heard of the voice. also he has no arse, look at his videos youtube channel :p

Last edited:
Niall Mcshea was the stig for the rally cars. He drove for proton last year for a few events He did a bit of work for Top gear when they did that shoot in Belfast.

Also it was the worse kept secrete in Ireland in the rallying circle.

So he was secreting something in a circle? Did he wipe it up afterwards?

Any thoughts on the possibility of the stig being Ken Block? He's been in the U.K recently, working with Codemasters, the developers of Dirt 3.

Are you really suggesting McNish, an extremely high profile racer, is the Stig? Really?

When do you think the recordings of the challenges,SIARPC and outside broadcasts are made? Every Wednesday? You Pillock...

The presented show is merely recorded on a Wednesday and goes out,as you know on a Sunday,albeit several months later.

The SIARPC segment is recorded on the Wednesday before it is aired on the following Sunday, unless you're Simon Cowell of course.

Nice rep btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF