Some Coolios about the ill-fated 330d

great find!! I had already been searching for more information of how they prepared the BMW for the race... I wish they would have made a full hour special out of this rather than "just" a segment on a normal show...

I really thought that the team they had was the most impressive part of it all, getting a car like that to work at all after the crash and the various technical problems really takes a lot of skill, and nerves of steel. As far as I?m concerned, taking part in any 24 hour race, be it as a driver or member of the pitcrew, is one of the last real adventures to be found on this planet...

BTW, I read somewhere on this forum that EVO also had a report about their participation in this race, unfortunately I missed that issue, is there anywhere I can order stuff like this?

I think this should have been a show filler, if you went there you would understand. They cut out bits like Clarksons pit board that he made for James that said "Cock" on it. Now i know what people mean when they talk about going to a filmings and half the stuff is cut out.

Brilliant find and a great read! Great to have some behind the scene knowledge on the show as these bits of info seem to be very hard to get.

Thanks for sharing mate!

great find!! I had already been searching for more information of how they prepared the BMW for the race... I wish they would have made a full hour special out of this rather than "just" a segment on a normal show...

I really thought that the team they had was the most impressive part of it all, getting a car like that to work at all after the crash and the various technical problems really takes a lot of skill, and nerves of steel. As far as I?m concerned, taking part in any 24 hour race, be it as a driver or member of the pitcrew, is one of the last real adventures to be found on this planet...

BTW, I read somewhere on this forum that EVO also had a report about their participation in this race, unfortunately I missed that issue, is there anywhere I can order stuff like this?

Yeah, it's true (about EVO). They have a back issues department, here, but I can't recall which has the Britcar report.

Once I get back to the UK (on Sunday) I might scan in that segment as I figure there's a lot of demand for it.

hmm...in that article they said jeremy rolled up in a mercielago spyder...i wonder if it is a misidentification of jeremy's gallardo...

So is a Diablo and a Countach. Are they the same cars? It's a Gallardo, it deserves to stand on its own.

Great read. i was quite surprised that Jeremy was fastest of the three...I thought it would have been Richard...

I wouldn?t be surprised if Richard is actually the best driver out of the three, but Jeremy just had a lot more of the I-don?t-care-I-want-to-win racer attitude...

I wouldn?t be surprised if Richard is actually the best driver out of the three, but Jeremy just had a lot more of the I-don?t-care-I-want-to-win racer attitude...

it's not easy for a mid-age man, isn't it? that's why I love JC..

the other thing too is that richard first stint in the car was the first time he had ever gone round the track, and pert of his time driving was at night. so given time i think the hamster prolly woulda been the fastest, after he has his racing license.

i still think Jeremy is probably the best driver out of the three--he's just had that much more experience in fast cars.

Richard I know for sure is the most aggressive...and even though James seems slowest, the guy said--James and Richard are about the same.

and i dunno, what's that phrase "slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Richard I know for sure is the most aggressive...and even though James seems slowest, the guy said--James and Richard are about the same.

James also had the benefit of being tutored (although it was just a day) by Sir Jackie Stewart :mrgreen: