Some ideas for series 11

Forgot to add, new WRX STi vs Evo X. :)

Another American cheap car special.

This time. $1000 to buy an AWD saloon, and take it on a trip around New England in the winter. Something like Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont/Massachusetts. I just came back from a ski trip in Maine... if they hurry up, they can still catch some amazing winter roads up there.

And since they did African cheap cars.. why not a trip across Australia.

^I think that a trip accross Australia would be too similar to Africa, and it's "full of spiders" :wink:

Maybe a race between Car vs Train in a Canadian special :p. The car will drive down Trans-Canada highway from Victoria BC to St Johns Newfoundland, its around 5500km. But probably might not fit in the segment since 5500km of driving is quite a lot :p.

Maybe a race between Car vs Train in a Canadian special :p. The car will drive down Trans-Canada highway from Victoria BC to St Johns Newfoundland, its around 5500km. But probably might not fit in the segment since 5500km of driving is quite a lot :p.

I've suggested a race across Russia (trans-Siberian Railroad) before... but people made some pretty good points against it.

some asian special through vietnam, myanmar laos or something like that. Afghanistan or pakistan may be also a good idea and the first to get shot wins. :D

More "normal car". A challenge mini vs 500 vs twingo may be interesting.
The maserati gran turismo, the f430 scuderia of course, the zr1. Some nurburgring stuff in their way...another 24 hours maybe?

Last edited:
How about this... Top Gear in... Japan!

They've hit the U.S. once already, but going to Japan would complete the automotive trilogy! A road-trip across Honsh? island with a pass through Tokyo would be awesome! They pay a good deal of attention to Japanese cars so I would think that tribute to this automotive nation is called for.

It would be cool if they would do again some offroad-stuff, they could participate in the Dakar Rally :mrgreen:

Clarkson: "This track... is's rubbish! :mad:" :lol:

Participate once again in BritCar 24h, this time more serious with a better-prepared car.

As I have said many times before, I think that TG should come to New Zealand for a special. There's an interview in a TGNZ mag with Richard, and he says that he's interested. I'll go find that mag...

How about this... Top Gear in... Japan!

They've hit the U.S. once already, but going to Japan would complete the automotive trilogy! A road-trip across Honsh? island with a pass through Tokyo would be awesome! They pay a good deal of attention to Japanese cars so I would think that tribute to this automotive nation is called for.
A japan special would be a nice tie in to a GTR review.

H'bout each of them picks an expensive supercar (any, brand new or in good shape, let's say 300k $ or more (so no family friendly audi R8 or Gallardo/430, real mad stuff)) & has to drive it thru town for about 100 miles (in order to show all the misery of a super-car in town) to a Strip-Club, & then each presenter has to "impress" as many girls as possible or persuade em to get in those cars for a "ride", using only car language + car stuff talks relative to a car he brought.

They can do it in form of challenge, with scoreboard & stuff.

Last edited:
they seem to talk about the Z cars often, so why not some sort of challenge where james drives the classic 240z, clarkson in the "POWERRRR!" z32 300zx and hammond in the new 350z?

if they have trouble getting a hold of stock, excellent condition Z cars in britain, then, yeah, they should do it in japan while they're there for the new GT-R race ;)

I agree about shortening or ditching SIARPC. It's a clever concept, but it's kind done to death by now. It would be cool to come up with a similar kind of thing to throw in there, though, because I think it fits well into the format.

BritCar again, definitely. Some affordable cars, and some outrageously expensive ones. Naturally, I think they should come to Ireland, but in all honesty there's not one reason why that would make good television. Our roads are bad, we don't make cars, and what with the economic boom in the '90s, we're not ignorant enough to react to anything the way the Alabamans did.

A cheap Mazda challenge in Israel. Buy a Mazda (Easiest thing ever, there are milions of 'em on the roads), and drive from the northest point (Mt. Hermon) to the southest point (Eilat). Highway 6 is not allowed (it's considered cheating), and extra points are given if no one stabs you XD

A cheap Mazda challenge in Israel. Buy a Mazda (Easiest thing ever, there are milions of 'em on the roads), and drive from the northest point (Mt. Hermon) to the southest point (Eilat). Highway 6 is not allowed (it's considered cheating), and extra points are given if no one stabs you XD

To be honest, without being disrespectful, I doubt they would do that :p