Some ideas for series 11

H'bout each of them picks an expensive supercar (any, brand new or in good shape, let's say 300k $ or more (so no family friendly audi R8 or Gallardo/430, real mad stuff)) & has to drive it thru town for about 100 miles (in order to show all the misery of a super-car in town) to a Strip-Club, & then each presenter has to "impress" as many girls as possible or persuade em to get in those cars for a "ride", using only car language + car stuff talks relative to a car he brought.

They can do it in form of challenge, with scoreboard & stuff.
haha that would be fantastic! 8)

All these calls for them to go back to Britcar, are you all getting your entries ready now to go test yourselfs against the Stig?

the guys start off in different cars in different parts of europe, race to the ring. the first one to finish a lap, wins.

Battle of the new Supercars --

Nissan GT-R

Corvette ZR1

Lamborghini Reventon (or substitute)

How about this... Top Gear in... Japan!

They've hit the U.S. once already, but going to Japan would complete the automotive trilogy! A road-trip across Honsh? island with a pass through Tokyo would be awesome! They pay a good deal of attention to Japanese cars so I would think that tribute to this automotive nation is called for.

He already did it in Motorworld, but we haven't seen Richard and James' takes have we?

Are Brits as fascinated with Japanese Domestic car culture as I am? You could do 10 minutes on the stupid car names, like the Nissan Cedric or the Diahatsu Naked. Or the nonsensical use of English bits in popular Japanese culture. Hell, www.engrish.com can provide 1/2 hour of comedic material alone. The Japanese use English fragments to appear cool (kind of like American athletes with Kanjii tatoos that they don't understand).

reminder-for-travelers.jpg

exciting-version.jpg

rav4.jpg

playboy-girl.jpg

lets-beauty.jpg

cr-v.jpg

i-am-hangry.jpg

Coke.jpg

hall-of-mildness.jpg

harsh-brown.jpg

anal-remote.jpg

change-your-mind-pms.jpg

excrement.jpg

blueberry.jpg

black-jeans.jpg

Last edited:
I do think if the TG guys were to do the Plymouth-Dakar Challenge it would be quite funny. Personally I think they should have done it instead of the African episode, more miles, more antics, more countries.

I mean, How hard can it be?

I've suggested a race across Russia (trans-Siberian Railroad) before... but people made some pretty good points against it.

like what?

they've gone to africa, the states, hell even canada! Australia is way overdue. i don't care what they do just as long as they do it there. (maybe even stop by at New Zealand for powerof1000)

just came to me: BRING BACK THE COOL WALL!!!!

I heard Richard's radio show on Boxing day where he did a phone interview with Clarkson. Richard was asking him questions about being a journalist and generally taking the time to chat to him and ask the questions he has never asked him.
One was, what ideas do you have for the show. Clarkson mentioned driving from Kabul to Baghdad. Hammond replied with something along the lines of "we will definately be shot."
Clarkson also mentioned he would like to do a race against a German car programme, who also have three presenters. Hammond said it would be awful as May would not be able to shut up about the war.
I don't now how or whether these ideas would be able to come to fruition. But wouldn't it be great!

I heard Richard's radio show on Boxing day where he did a phone interview with Clarkson. Richard was asking him questions about being a journalist and generally taking the time to chat to him and ask the questions he has never asked him.
One was, what ideas do you have for the show. Clarkson mentioned driving from Kabul to Baghdad. Hammond replied with something along the lines of "we will definately be shot."
Clarkson also mentioned he would like to do a race against a German car programme, who also have three presenters. Hammond said it would be awful as May would not be able to shut up about the war.
I don't now how or whether these ideas would be able to come to fruition. But wouldn't it be great!

Racing against the German presenters would actually be kind of fun even with James rambling about the war.

Though I had an idea on how to do away with SIARPC. I'm not saying it would always work, but get rid of the old segment and instead have... "Star Guest Host for the Week". The star would be the fourth host and perhaps do a lap, or participate in a challenge with the other three (probably not both though). Perhaps sit in on the news to provide their perspective, or comment with one of the others after a car review. I'm not sure it could work on a weekly basis, but it certainly would make for an interesting change of pace from some of those awful and boring interviews.

I think they should do another train v. car race, with two possible places:

Japan (against the bullet train)
US (East Coast, Boston to Datona. Acella from Boston to DC, rest by regular Amtrak).

my idea is to get them to holland, let them smoke weed, and then have a race against each other on Zandvoort.

Should be entertaining ^_^

Here's another one for the "mad ideas" pile...

The TG presenters are always banging on about communists. The French are communists. British Leyland workers are communists. Let's give them a taste of the real thing: ship them to Moscow, tell them to buy a communist-era car and drive it to Berlin, finishing with a symbolic move from East to West through the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie or one of those other famous crossing points. On the way there will be many hazards... I say many, actually it'll all be one huge hazard as the three Baltic States are all likely to spark off an Alabama-type reaction as three communist cars with Russian registrations rattle through their territory...

I can almost see how this will go: Captain Slow will pick up something sensible like a Lada or a Volga, Hamster will get something tiny and cute - like a Zaporozhets - and call it Tatiana, and as for Jezza... you know that somehow he will end up with a ZIL limousine...

Anyway, back to reality: the Japanese trip sounds like the best idea I've heard in ages. As for a Japanese supercar for Jezza to race the shinkansen with... the obvious choices are both out of production, namely the Honda NSX Type-R and the Nismo-tuned Nissan Skyline GT-R. Though the Skyline is going to be the best choice. The only slight snag I could see is what I have heard to be the world's most restrictive speed limits; is there anyone here from Japan who could confirm or deny that the motorway speed limit is 75 km/h? And no, that is not a typo... if it's true, that's even worse than Norway.

Some competition: TG UK vs TG Aus to help inaugurate the OZ show perhaps?

EDIT/ Just in case it has not been mentioned : BRING BACK THE COOL WALL!!!!

As I have said many times before, I think that TG should come to New Zealand for a special. There's an interview in a TGNZ mag with Richard, and he says that he's interested. I'll go find that mag...

They don't like sheep.

I like the TG boys in Japan idea.

How about this... Top Gear in... Japan!

They've hit the U.S. once already, but going to Japan would complete the automotive trilogy! A road-trip across Honsh? island with a pass through Tokyo would be awesome! They pay a good deal of attention to Japanese cars so I would think that tribute to this automotive nation is called for.
Just in time for the new GTR, Evo, and STi...that would seriously rock. JC already went to Japan for Motorworld but a follow-up would be sweet. Better yet, make them buy classic Japanese cars (a challenge in itself) and make them drive the entire length of Japan. Many language barriers will be crashed into. Hilarity will ensue. :D

Failing that, just get them to buy some old space shuttles and race them to Jupiter. First one there gets a lap from the Stig.

If communists bother you, there's no point in coming to Russia to drive 1970s car models, which are all rubbish, compared even to 70s european cars, it will be much more interesting to come to China. No secret, chinese tend to copy other cars & produce them on different brand, let's say, TopGear willl try do decide if a chinese copy-car is worse or better than the original in a number of challenges on the streets of Beijing. Plus the boys could visit the "new" Rover factory & mess about with ppl from the company, that bought MG Rover, asking them if they know what Rover is & present them with some gift to add some Rover-type englishness in their work.

Although i kinda like the idea of TG in Japan, testing let's say 3 cars that car-makers only sell in Japan, you know that kinda half weird half cute half crappy stuff. Also i like the idea of JC testing the new GT-R & Hammond & May driving Evo & Impreza, deciding which is the best one. They could also jokingly play GT5, sorta put the stig behind a gamepad to see how fast he could drive these cars around TG test track & then show the real laps/times.

Last edited:
Make the BritCar segment a whole hour this time. Also some of the suggestions for last season are still valid ones. I cant remember who it was who said they should all have ?1,500 and buy a car for each other.