Some people have tennis courts, some have basketball courts, and some...

OneStiffGT

Have an ice hockey rink in their backyard.

rink.jpg

Now that's cool!

Not as cool as that guy that had built his own racing track to his house.
It was posted some months ago here, but I can't be bothered to find it now.

One of my friends dad's used to make hockey rinks in his backyard every winter. This reminded me he's doing something with the olympic flame this year.

We got an "Awesome thread" right next door to this one. :lock:

welcome to canadaland onestiffgt, here alot of people make a icecourt every winter

the point of my post, is that whatever, dont really see something nice in that, he got money and throwned it away but since he is in canadaland i am sure it will be used alot. But, is just a nicely done icecourt by someone who hade money. Was just saying that i dont feel impressed by that. And you could put your location in your detail, that would help a bit sometime like this one.

As awesome as that is, it is TOO small for ice. Also if I were to have an rink in my backyard it would have to be uber sketch ala super thin large slabs of wood as the end boreds or a full scale authentic looking ice rink. This is just slightly too small. I think they should take out the one net and put a line down there and have a 1-ended games with clearing.

The people I used to babysit have a rink probably a bit smaller than this in their backyard, it is sketch looking, but he has a ice-freezing machine back there, so he can run it in +degree weather.

^there is such a thing as fake ice???