some photographs from Germany (Autobahn)

ashran2

hey guys i am posting for the first time here with some of my photographs
taken during a roadtrip in europe.
my ride a honda accord 2004 or an acura tsx (no mods everything stock) this car rocks with all the baggage and cycles on the back i hit 190km/h not a nice thing to do but.....
Bild054.jpg

reindeers in north of sweden
PICT0163.jpg

funny traffic jam on autobahn, what about unrestricted speed?????
Bild040.jpg

Bild041.jpg

finally open roads time for some serious driving
Bild060.jpg

nice view but only enjoyed by passengers not by the driver when u r on autobahn keep your eyes on the road...
Bild056.jpg

entering belgium
Bild072.jpg

straight road all the way to brussels
Bild074.jpg

nice car.... i wish i had one of those
Bild064.jpg

these photos were taken during a summer trip from north of sweden to mainland europe, driving through denmark germany holland and belgium and back... 6500km in ome week.

hope u guys liked the pics will post more sooner also i will be posting some pics of how we guys live up here in northern sweden.

////
ashish

wow... these are some awesome pics... europe must be an amazing place to live in... would love to move there some day

Not the nicest stretch of tarmac you took a picture of, we have better road surfaces over here :D Let me see if I can find a better picture, I normally don't take pictures of the autobahn :)

/edit: Not very good ones, weather could have been better, but as I said, normally I don't take pictures of the autobahn :)

autobahn1.jpg

autobahn2.jpg

Go Low said:
Not the nicest stretch of tarmac you took a picture of, we have better road surfaces over here :D Let me see if I can find a better picture, I normally don't take pictures of the autobahn :)

/edit: Not very good ones, weather could have been better, but as I said, normally I don't take pictures of the autobahn :)

autobahn1.jpg

autobahn2.jpg
hey those were nice shots,,
how did take the last one...
always wanted to take one of those....

**Brick on gaspedal, to ropes around steeringwheel and attach to your feet, now climb on the roof and lie down (still holding the ropes) and put your torso next to the car while lying on the roof, now take a pic of the tire, this may seem dangerous but when you eventually get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to do..have fun! :wink:

Note the lights on our highways in Belgium. :mrgreen: Cruising through Europe is great fun actually... Nice pics.

Jostyrostelli said:
**Brick on gaspedal, to ropes around steeringwheel and attach to your feet, now climb on the roof and lie down (still holding the ropes) and put your torso next to the car while lying on the roof, now take a pic of the tire, this may seem dangerous but when you eventually get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to do..have fun! :wink:
Haha... don't believe that, he doesn't know a thing. First, why use a brick when you have cruise control? Then no need for a rope (rope is only for whimps). What you do is open the rear seat window a bit, then climb out the passenger door, grab on the small opening between the rear window and frame, close the passenger door and then take the picture. :wink:
Or do it the really easy way and just open the window, hold the camera outside and take the picture. :)
I read that they put the lights over all the highways in Belgium because they don't know what to do with the excess of electricity you have at night. But I agree, it is nice :D
And if we are at the topic of streets, here is a picture I took on a japanese highway (bored, because all my five passengers were sleeping):
highway_japan.jpg

Note the sign that is saying the radius of the bend, isn't that nice? :)

And here is another picture, same day, again bored because everyone was sleeping (except me, would be bad as the driver, huh?) :)
japan_drive.jpg

Dark_Templer_102 said:
u drive an accord? that looks like an acura TSX...
Um....
ashran2 said:
my ride a honda accord 2004 or an acura tsx
Reading is your friend. :| :roll:

Phix said:
How often do accidents happen on the Autobahn.

From what I've heard, not often. I was there on the way to the IAA last year, and it's quite noticable how disciplined those Germans are. For instance, there are hardly any Germans who stick to the middle lane instead of going back to the right after passing slower cars (as you should). Fast driving doesn't necessarily have to be dangerous, as long as you don't do anything stupid. Apparently they don't.

Phix said:
How often do accidents happen on the Autobahn.
It does happen every now and then, but I have seen more accidents in a week in the US than I have seen over here in a year. I noticed that in average people on the streets in Germany pay a bit more attention, not only what's going on in front of them but also what's going on behind them. And that is very important when driving on a road where people can drive faster than you. I read a nice article in the US that said "maybe we should tell the people that the mirror in the car is for looking back, not for your make up" :) Driving school is also a lot tougher over here I would say, but that doesn't mean at all that we don't have complete idiots driving around. You have idiots in every country I guess.
When I drive over here sometimes I think people drive too close to each other, especially at higher speeds, but when I drove in the US... oh my. One time I was driving with a friend and I had to ask her to fall back, because she was driving like a car length or two away from the car in front of her at a speed of 70mph, and she wasn't the only one driving that close. That scared me, normally I don't like to tell people how to drive, but I was just afraid of my life.

this car rocks with all the baggage and cycles on the back i hit 190km/h not a nice thing to do but
Dude you can go way faster than that I think, just yesterday I hit 160Kmh in a 990cc car, a daewoo matiz if u know it (yeah a crappy car, it's my fiance's and we live in Egypt so it's normal :p) and we were not on the autobahn or anything, just a normal motorway (120kmh speed limit there :twisted: )
That was the fastest I've ever driven btw