Someone has it in for the anti-car people...

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
Yesterday, as you might well know, a letter bomb went off in London, in of the offices responsible for the congestion charge. Today a similar event happened in Berkshire, and it's belived it was targeted at someone who has something to do with those speed/number plate monitoring cameras.

Wasn't me, honest. Any thoughts?

Displeasure is one thing, but bombing the people who are just trying to make a living is the wrong way to express it. Now, if you wanted to go chop down the cameras - thus creating more jobs then I am all for it.

CAPITA the company contracted to do the computer systems has made some unpopular announcements recently affecting their staff, this campaign may be something to do with that rather than the congestion charge per se. Just a possibility.

My first thought was it will be some Anti TV-licence maniac as Capita is contracted to prosecute non-payers.

There's no excuse for bombing anyone, but I can understand the frustration of complete unavoidance from big brother.

It's just happened again today. To the DVLA.

It could be both to be honest - a nutjob that snapped or several nutjobs that have snapped. Given that the three attacks are in completely different places it's more likely to be more than one person.

Completely tragic to be honest. The wrong way to go about things and will just give the anti-car complainers more fuel to complain with.

Wonder if the next phase will be an attack on Speed Cameras.

It could be both to be honest - a nutjob that snapped or several nutjobs that have snapped. Given that the three attacks are in completely different places it's more likely to be more than one person.

Well, the attacks were carried out with letters, which means the attacker can be anywhere and anyone.

Wonder if the next phase will be an attack on Speed Cameras.

That's nothing new, just hang an old tyre filled with petrol from them and light the petrol. Or less destructive, apply black paint to the lens. (Not that i've tried any of those, but the Netherlands were already speed-cam hell before the rest of the world had even heard about them. Which means we had time already to get creative)

Use a plastic cup filled with thermite.

Place on top of speed camera.

Light.

Run.

See from distance how it melts through the whole camera :)

Or the old tire trick.

baking.jpg

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

At the Nurburgring a speedcamera was sliced with a flex from top to bottom, inclusive the pole and then folded open - looked funny :D

I fail to see the funny side of setting a speed camera to fire. Apart from that I'll pay for he repair through my taxes, destroying the property of others is not funny. :mad:

It would be cheaper to pay a fine than make a bomb so it must be over revenge or as a form of terrorism. Remember the anthrax thing in america, it could well be similar to that really.

I fail to see the funny side of setting a speed camera to fire. Apart from that I'll pay for he repair through my taxes, destroying the property of others is not funny. :mad:

Nor do I. If you do not want to get caught speeding, the only remedy is to drive within the allowed limits. If you still decide to stray over the limit (most speedcams over here are rigged not to go off unless you drive several (7-10) km/h over the limit) you must be willing to pay the consequences of your actions. You should not blame others for your ineptitude or unwillingness to adhere to the speedlimit.

Nor do I. If you do not want to get caught speeding, the only remedy is to drive within the allowed limits. If you still decide to stray over the limit (most speedcams over here are rigged not to go off unless you drive several (7-10) km/h over the limit) you must be willing to pay the consequences of your actions. You should not blame others for your ineptitude or unwillingness to adhere to the speedlimit.

or you could hinge your license plate so the speed cameras can't see it in the first place. it's far easier to escape speed cameras than real police.

well you're german so that's to be expected.

lol....that's the funniest thing i've read all year.

I've heard about this spray that you can put on your plates, supposed to help against speed cameras. Dunno how good it is really.

I've heard about this spray that you can put on your plates, supposed to help against speed cameras. Dunno how good it is really.

http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/9342/butchermm8.jpg
About as good as this guy is at plastic surgery....