Ownership Verified: Something something bluemotion something BMW. It's not a 116i.

Also: "Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles" - what's that supposed to mean?

Damn, ninja'd.

COP = Conformity Of Production, and this option code is used to validate that the car has been produced to conform with all the demands in the markets it's being sold (emissions and so on).

Nice car! This being the new B58 engine, I wonder if there are any tuning kits out for it yet.

Last edited:
Wait, the M2 supposedly has lower torque than the M240/M140? Interesting...

Huge engine in a small car with RWD? I believe you will have a blast in this thing. Have fun and take it easy - she'll bite you back. :)

And for the first mod I will kick you in the ass the next time I see you ;). Black grills.. *sigh*

Why mod a lease?

Because he can?
It just seems like it's not done too often here, risk of damage, remembering to remove the modded parts, etc.

It just seems like it's not done too often here, risk of damage, remembering to remove the modded parts, etc.

That and the fact that you know you that the car isn't yours, so why dump money into it. I'm actually going to a dealer to discuss an F150 lease tomorrow, and if it comes without a bedliner, its staying without one regardless of how much I'd want one.

:dunno: over (I guess) three years, the mod isn't going to add significantly to the monthly cost of the car.
Additionally, if it's a popular mod you should easily be able to resell the part after the lease expires. If it's not a popular mod, that money were sunk even if you owned the car because you're not going to get extra money back when you sell the car.

Yeah, mods like that have resell-valie in the parts, he is not paying a total loss. That is like buying a different set of wheels. There is still value to that without the car. And it is not like he is doing something even remotely irreversible..

That and the fact that you know you that the car isn't yours, so why dump money into it.

3 years is a long time to "enjoy" whatever mod you do. And almost any car you own is usually going to be sold eventually, many people change cars every 3 years anyway, so this isn't quite so different.

Nice car! This being the new B58 engine, I wonder if there are any tuning kits out for it yet.

Tuning it is out of the question as it's a lease. Although, I have heard that the B58 is less tuneable than the previous N$whatever engine in the $35 cars was.

Yeah, and at least an M240 is faster to 260 than an M2 in the real world, although M2 is faster from 0-100

Why mod a lease?

Well, it was a cheap (?130 or something) addition and my GF prefers it, so I don't see the issue here really - Also I can sell them at the end :)

Well, the deal was that they would be installed before collection of the car but unfortunately BMW Welt in Munich, a few days earlier, changed their policy about installation - So it was done at the dealership after collection instead.

Yeah, mods like that have resell-valie in the parts, he is not paying a total loss. That is like buying a different set of wheels. There is still value to that without the car. And it is not like he is doing something even remotely irreversible..

Exactly! It's a 15 minute job to take them out and chuck the unused silver ones back in, so I don't mind :)

Last edited:

The B58B30 in the M140i is totally new engine versus the old N55B30. Especially the bore/stroke relation is different, the newer B58 has really long 94,6mm stroke versus 89,6mm (which is already long) on the N55B30 found in the M2. Newer engine has higher compression ratio too. Both of those help to build off boost torque, and also more torque when the engine is on boost.

Basically the M140i has much more advanced engine under it's hood. I guess BMW wanted to use the proven N55B30 in the M2 to make sure it's reliable, or the development had started before the B58-engine program.

The B58B30 in the M140i is totally new engine versus the old N55B30. Especially the bore/stroke relation is different, the newer B58 has really long 94,6mm stroke versus 89,6mm (which is already long) on the N55B30 found in the M2. Newer engine has higher compression ratio too. Both of those help to build off boost torque, and also more torque when the engine is on boost.

Basically the M140i has much more advanced engine under it's hood. I guess BMW wanted to use the proven N55B30 in the M2 to make sure it's reliable, or the development had started before the B58-engine program.

Yes, I noticed those differences after posting, specially the fact that the engines went from oversquare to undersquare, but when you consider they are turbocharged I guess that makes sense.
Makes me curious to see what the facelifted M2 will bring in terms of performance...and yes, I know the M2 is more than just a more powerful engine. :p

Last edited:
I actually hope the M2 won't be ruined by power like M3/M4. Even M135i has enough power already. These cars are about fun, not the absolute speed or acceleration (that said, they definitely are not slow either!)

I actually hope the M2 won't be ruined by power like M3/M4. Even M135i has enough power already. These cars are about fun, not the absolute speed or acceleration (that said, they definitely are not slow either!)

I would be perfectly happy with a 135i coup?. :D

Hmmmm....hideous.
Wasn't there an option for fake carbon fiber or something?

Hmmmm....hideous.
Wasn't there an option for fake carbon fiber or something?

It actually looks good when you are in the car, IMO - Pics don't show it off at all well.

And I think there was, I don't know, but fake carbon fiber = not my thing in any way.

Fake wood makes a certain finnish man quite happy.