Ownership Verified: Something something bluemotion something BMW. It's not a 116i.

:lol:

Thanks to Karnival, the roads were empty on the way to work. Foot flat from entering the motorway to hitting a restricted zone:

Summer tires on!

Found some rust, I will take the car to the stealership next week and ask if it is an issue that needs to be sorted.

I don't understand how Michelin can make their sport tire ride better than a higher sidewall, softer, winter tire... But they can, apparently!

Looks better, don't ya think? :)

Obviously they are a massive improvement over the winters in feel and grip, also in comfort. Tomorrow I will be in the Eifel doing some fast driving to test them properly :D

Last edited:
You'd think lower-profile summer tires would be harder and noisier than soft studless winter tires. I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Found some rust, I will take the car to the stealership next week and ask if it is an issue that needs to be sorted.?

Because 15 seconds with a wire brush is too much work? :p

Because 15 seconds with a wire brush is too much work? :p

Because it is a 4600km car and it shouldn't rust like that...

It's naked steel in an environment with road salt and stuff. :dunno: It looks no worse than my car did at 8k km or so when I changed to summer tires after the first half year of ownership.

I usually clean the hubs and the back side of the wheel hub with a wire brush when I change tires. I wouldn't consider it an issue of any sort.

It's naked steel in an environment with road salt and stuff. :dunno: It looks no worse than my car did at 8k km or so when I changed to summer tires after the first half year of ownership.

I usually clean the hubs and the back side of the wheel hub with a wire brush when I change tires. I wouldn't consider it an issue of any sort.

I wouldn't normally care either, but it will cost me nothing to tell the dealer - And it is not all wheels, it is just one, the rest are fine.

On the other hand it is less stealthy :hmm:

I just realized how prominent the stop/start off button is. Right next to the starter button. It's almost like they expect you to turn it off by muscle memory every time you start the engine. :p

I haven't had a car with S/S yet but everyone I talk to hate it. I don't mind it as much, at least not in a manual.

I haven't had a car with S/S yet but everyone I talk to hate it. I don't mind it as much, at least not in a manual.

Most cars I've driven that have it have a decent implementation. The 4er was a bit dim-witted though :dunno: it too has the button right next to the starter :D

It is only an issue, really, in start-stop traffic heading to like a roundabout or something because you might stop for like half a second and the car turns off. It is just something to get used to and I have changed my driving style a bit and it has become a non-issue.

When sitting at lights, it's great because you aren't burning fuel while stopped. I also find the way it is done with the auto in the 1er is fine, although a manual is ultimately better as it is largely based around the clutch depression.

Well, actually the centre of the hub should be pretty well isolated. Maybe they got some crap in there when installing previous wheels.

Well all that is covering it, is the plastic center cap of the wheels. So not much of a seal really.