Ownership Verified: Something something bluemotion something BMW. It's not a 116i.

Drove to Munich and back to go do a BMW M driving tour, drove an M2, M3, M4 and X6M.

On the way back I managed this:

That's what I'd call an "economy run" :D

So.. Lucille not floated away then? :)

21,000km done in one year. Only 11,000km over what I pay for in the lease and 6,000km over what we had planned for.

I just booked it in for it's first service, so far there are two problems with the car, the exaust tips are rusting, Nice quality, BMW. Additionally the washer fluid low sensor is kind of hilarious, I ran out of washer fluid and 3 days driving later when I turned on the car on "bing... washer fluid low" - Nice!

Anyway, these should be taken care of at the first service hopefully along with an oil change.

New cars! Never anything really to do, so here is a picture of it the last time I had it washed:

Got any pics of those rusty tips? That sounds strangely interesting ...

Got any pics of those rusty tips? That sounds strangely interesting ...

This is from when it was fresh, by now there is no gloss black left on the exhaust tips:

Basically, BMW said at the time "It's only visual, it's not an issue but we will fix it when you bring it in for service or you can book an appointment for it"

I waited the 6 months or so to get it replaced at the first service.

:p

Aaand 5km from home I get this wonderful message.

I didn't feel like getting burning hot coolant in my face, so I decided that I'll top it up tomorrow when I take it to service...

Dropped the car off to service, didn't need to top up the coolant as it gave me no error today - The service guy said "0.5 liters of coolant disappearing per 20,000km is normal"

They also said that the rusting exaust tips was normal and that they could not do anything about it really. Nice.

Paid ?33 to reduce the ?650 excess to ?0 on the otherwise free rental and that also got me upgraded to this:

I should have the car back tomorrow according to the dealer!

Last edited:
Paid ?33 to reduce the ?650 excess to ?0 on the otherwise free rental and that also got me upgraded to this:

:eek: Why? Is there a >5% chance you'll cause significant damage to the car in a day?

:eek: Why? Is there a >5% chance you'll cause significant damage to the car in a day?

Yes ....... :ninja: just look up the 2016 UK Roadtrip thread and find the pictures of an vauxhall Insignia with 2 flat on the drivers side.

Dropped the car off to service, didn't need to top up the coolant as it gave me no error today - The service guy said "0.5 liters of coolant disappearing per 20,000km is normal"

They also said that the rusting exaust tips was normal and that they could not do anything about it really. Nice.

Our car will disintegrate around you. Just lease another one in a couple of years - BMW

Our car will disintegrate around you. Just lease another one in a couple of years - BMW

well it doesn't matter as in today's world you are supposed to lease the shit out of your bank account with a new car every year

The more important question is: where is the video of you hooning around and going sideways in that big luxury BMW :lol: ;) ... and how good is it up the inofficial Final Gear Ringmeet test track :p.

Last edited:

I am also somewhat harder than the average on cars :p

Yes ....... :ninja: just look up the 2016 UK Roadtrip thread and find the pictures of an vauxhall Insignia with 2 flat on the drivers side.

Even that isn't going to use up the excess :dunno:

No, but the two badly damaged (but still airtight) rims would have. Luckily I had the ?0 excess option!

The more important question is: where is the video of you hooning around and going sideways in that big luxury BMW :lol: ;) ... and how good is it up the inofficial Final Gear Ringmeet test track :p.

:D Well, I have not had time to do that, but I did find out that it tops out at 230 indicated (No idea GPS)

Also, that it will happily drive me along the motorway at 210 without me doing a thing other than looking at my phone:

So, car has hit nearly 32,000 km and it went in today for it's first set of new brake pads!

I played rental roulette again and got this:

It's a bit slower than I'm used too... This is the absolute top speed:

Picked up the car again, €750 poorer ... I'm going to see about aftermarket disks and pads to get that cost down. I'll need to replace the stock ones again based on their current lifetime so if I throw some cheaper aftermarket ones on until they wear out and go back to stock it might work out cheaper?

In any case I need to see how that affects warranty etc.

And look! The rusty exaust tips have been replaced finally, they look great!

Tomorrow I take it on a 2200km trip to Slovenia to go help assemble Luigi!

Fuck me are Minis really that basic inside now? That cluster looks like it came out of an aftermarket catalogue. Love your tips too, much better. Still seems odd and quite un-BMW-like that they would rust in the first place.

Last edited:
Matt2000;n3549335 said:
Fuck me are Minis really that basic inside now? That cluster looks like it came out of an aftermarket catalogue. Love your tips too, much better. Still seems odd and quite un-BMW-like that they would rust in the first place.

The mini is okay inside, it doesn't feel all that special though.

They rusted in the first winter, I'm sure it's just the salt being burned into them and killing the paint