• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

sony ericsson w800i

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
has anyone tried one? it looks like a darn good phone, built in walkman style mp3 play which can be hooked up to a pc/laptop with ease also is it worth ?295? it seems like it, 3mp camera also like it becasue it comes with a 512mb memory stick for me PSP :thumbsup:

It has a 2mp cam. Its a great phone (I have the 750, which is the same except the mp3 controls and a 512 mb card instead of a 64mb)
Great display, AWESOME battery, I get up to 6 days with 5 hours of mp3 and 1 hour of video use + normal cell phone use...

Can only recommend it.

Buba

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it's easily the best phone i've ever had. The screen is magnificent, the battery lasts forever, and it's even VERY respectable when you want to listen to music and don't have your headphones, the inbuilt speaker is far better than any other portable device i've ever had. That includes an N-Gage which had a pretty good small device speaker.

What more can be said? Those earphones you get with it cost $80 AUD to buy on their own (I did that a few years ago) and you get a 512MB memory stick. The best bit though, is while other phones have claimed to be able to play music, this one has specific bottons and finally, a intuitve and usable interface for playing music. That's all before I get to the camera! Which is excellent for a phone, and has this LED light built in that will illuminat fully dark rooms enough to take a pretty reasonable photo.

If you are thinking about it and you have the readies, get it. You will not regret it. I guarantee that.

^^ :lol: nah I don't :lol:

I've just changed to it after having 3 Nokias, and this is so much better it's not funny.

I had a Nokia before that as well... 6230, was pretty good as well, but the SE is better...

The w800 even has a jack for addon headphones...

Buba

If you want something with a little more...power, you could get the new orange C550. Camera's not quite as good but everything else is just as good(with a 200mhz processor) and there are thousands of apps for it.

Buba said:
I had a Nokia before that as well... 6230, was pretty good as well, but the SE is better...

The w800 even has a jack for addon headphones...

Buba

My last phone was a 6230 too!! :lol: :lol:

Do you want to spend all that money on a phone you will get rid of within 10 months? You'll probably want to buy a new one anyway. One with 2gig memory, a 3megapixel camera and a microwave oven.

I say: get rid of the gismo's and let them produce better phones that don't break so often.

(please people, don't give me 10 replies that say your phone lasted 2 years and did not break :))

The only reason im getting it is the dude that fixed the screen on my last phone also broke the aerial in the process :cry: bastard...................

ive been usin the w800 for the last week now wit the 1 gig card

like some have said all ready there isnt much difference between the k750i and the w800 apart from the mp3 player

i dont c many better phones on the market atm

hey, first post. :welcome: xecutioner!!!

on a side note, man there have been a lot of new users hitting the site over the past day or 2!!

hehe thx dude

ive been a fan of the site for awhile but just havent had the time to post hehe

jensked said:
Do you want to spend all that money on a phone you will get rid of within 10 months? You'll probably want to buy a new one anyway. One with 2gig memory, a 3megapixel camera and a microwave oven.

I say: get rid of the gismo's and let them produce better phones that don't break so often.

(please people, don't give me 10 replies that say your phone lasted 2 years and did not break :))

Broken phones are actually a good thing. When its time to get a repair for the third time for a phone in Germany(within the warranty), you have the right to give it back, and T-mobile always gave me a full refund for the other phone I choose then... That's how I had a new phone every year with a ordinary 24 month plan.
Repairs are usually quick (SE T610 arrived the after I dropped it off, so its not really a repair, but an exchange...) so I don't care ;-)

But you are right. All I need from a phone is a good mp3 player. The rest is a nice addon...

Buba
Buba

I think it's a disgrace how they build (and treat) cell phones these days. They are really consumption goods. They should be build to last. Not to not-last.

When you buy a phone, you expect it to be good and you expect it to be able to handle the things you do with a mobile object, like sticking it into your pocket next to your keys.

Nowadays it's: buy a crappy thing. If it breaks, just return it and get a new one for free. How much waste is that? How much more pollution is that? Just buy and throw it away...

That way, you don't have any respect for the things you buy...

My dad's stereo/train set/PA set/... was built years ago and looks just as new. Aaah...those years. I wish I was born in the 60's :?

I agree with everything you said, except, I really don't care about the enviroment, and I like to get things for free ;-)

Buba

well doesnt it depend on the actual person on how they treat there phones anyway

but yeh free shiet is great hehe

flyingfridge said:
I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it's easily the best phone i've ever had. The screen is magnificent, the battery lasts forever, and it's even VERY respectable when you want to listen to music and don't have your headphones, the inbuilt speaker is far better than any other portable device i've ever had. That includes an N-Gage which had a pretty good small device speaker.

What more can be said? Those earphones you get with it cost $80 AUD to buy on their own (I did that a few years ago) and you get a 512MB memory stick. The best bit though, is while other phones have claimed to be able to play music, this one has specific bottons and finally, a intuitve and usable interface for playing music. That's all before I get to the camera! Which is excellent for a phone, and has this LED light built in that will illuminat fully dark rooms enough to take a pretty reasonable photo.

If you are thinking about it and you have the readies, get it. You will not regret it. I guarantee that.

how much u get it for ?? from where ?

darn, i've just got my SE K608i from 3 and now a new one comes out.
it's a pretty good phone and i got it for half price
so, can't really complain :p