SPECTRE (2015)

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Just finished watching the press conference for the announcement of cast/crew and title for Bond 24.

The rumours have been circulating for some time that we might see the return of Blofeld now that the legal wrangling over the rights to the character and SPECTRE has finally concluded so the introduction of Christoph Waltz was hardly a secret.

for me the title is a bit "meh" - I was really hoping for something more enigmatic, particularly "Devil May Care" which has long been mooted as a possible title - but other than that I think we can look forward to back-to-basics classic Bond.

Cast confirmed as follows:
MI6
Bond - Daniel Craig
M - Ralph Fiennes
Moneypenny - Naomie Harris
Q - Ben Whishaw
Tanner - Rory Kinnear
Denbigh (new character, possible SPECTRE mole?) - Andrew Scott (Moriarty from the BBC Sherlock series

Ladies
Lucia Sciarra- Monica Belluci (who at 50 will beat the record for the oldest Bond girl by over a decade)
Madeleine Swann - Lea Seydoux

Villains
Oberhauser (presumably Blofeld) - Christoph Waltz
Hinx (classic henchman) - David Bautista

Release dates UK 23.10.2015, US 6.11.2015

Much of the crew, writers, composers etc retained from Skyfall including Sam Mendes directing.

Filming locations Rome, Mexico City, Tangiers, Morocco and the Austrian alps.

Bond will be driving the new AM DB10.

:woot:

Last edited:
Me likey!

Interesting.
The cast seems good.

I bet Spectre is pleased. :p

Last edited:
:spectre:

Last edited:
The theme sequence will just be this, looped for five minutes.

If the rumours that Sam Smith will be singing the theme then that would be a great fit. It's one of my big bugbears with the franchise of late is that many of the artists chosen to perform the theme have been done so on the basis of pure popularity rather than suitability. They do seem a bit blinkered in that regard.

If it were up to me I'd choose a voice that works rather than one that is simply a big seller. I've always felt that Marillion's Steve Hogarth would record an awesome Bond theme.

Here is the poster.

image.jpg

I like the way the crazing of the glass is a nod to the original SPECTRE logo......

SPECTRE_Logo.png

Dave Bautista eh?
I guess he's pretty good, but he's doing alright at the moment. How about throwing Rowdy Roddy Piper some work?

:lmao:

Wow, what a cast. Will be great to see Bond finally go up against his old adversaries once more. Hope they can go even better than Skyfall.

The Aston looks amazing.
p8fmledo5kzrytlt2erk.jpg

Lucia Sciarra- Monica Belluci (who at 50 will beat the record for the oldest Bond girl by over a decade)
Meh, I certainly don't mind. :)

In the cold opening Andrew Scott's head should be caught in a pneumatic vice so the audience is like "I guess he wasn't a bad guy after all". Never bring him back or mention him as a bad guy it just seems too predictable. We all know Jo Brand should have been cast as the villain but ok Christoph Waltz as Number 1 like Largo but not Blofeld. Also when Bond is fighting Dave Bautista they should do it by a pneumatic vice so you're like oh no hes going to get his head crushed then Hinx grabs his chest and falls from a massive heart attack and Bonds like "well that was lucky"

Last edited:
So Quantum is dead?

No reason why Quantum can't have been a front for or part of SPECTRE or even an evolution from one into the other. Their MO's seem to be quite similar and Quantum only really existed because the rights to the SPECTRE name were tied up in miles of legal tape. They could even play on the word "quantum" as being just a tiny part of the much larger and scarier organisation or "you ain't seen nothing yet, Mr Bond".

Also checking out various sources seems to indicate that once again this will be part of a two film story arc with the conclusion (and possibly the last outing for Craig) being Bond 25. Let's hope they get both parts right this time and not just first one. American Screenwriters' Guild take heed, please?

How many Volvos are they going to blow up in the course of filming?

Christopher Waltz will be so good. I hope they have a lot more gadgets and screen time for the aston this time around.

Christopher Waltz will be so good. I hope they have a lot more gadgets and screen time for the aston this time around.

Given Q's line in the last film I expect gadgets to be at a minimum and any that do appear to have a basis in science fact rather than fantasy.

Given Q's line in the last film I expect gadgets to be at a minimum and any that do appear to have a basis in science fact rather than fantasy.

I actually really dislike Ben Whishaw as Q, and was hoping he wouldn't make the cut to come back <_<. Figured that with all his fuck ups in the Raoul Silva escape, MI6 would've fired him and brought back a more old-fashioned, wiser Major Boothroyd style master of gadgets.

Last edited: