SPECTRE (2015)

I think Waltz will be one of the best vilains!
Yeah, but that alone doesn't make a good Bond movie. See: Christopher Lee, Christopher Walken. I really hope there isn't a Christopher curse for Bond villain actors.

Good thing his name isn't Christopher, then.

Last edited:
I won't watch the spectre trailers, unless they pop up before another movie, but if you take the skyfall one, that was cleverly edited to give you expectations of a plot, which turned out to be completely different.

I think that this is one very large and muscular surprise waiting

Don't remind me.

Don't remind me.

Bond has to grow with the times y'know. Females can't objectified anymore and while we're at it, who said Bond was white?

Next thing you know we've got the gay Hulk, Iron identify-as-a-woman Man, and Black I-have-curves Widow.

Who said it was anything about the times? I don't give a toss if Sam Smith is one of those chaps who doesn't need help choosing curtains. I simply can't stand his voice; it sounds like he is singing with a raw gooseberry stuck in his larynx. .

Aaaand as expected the theme song, released today, is bloody awful. No really, it is truly appalling. It is available to listen to on Spotify for those who have it and I am sure will be available on other platforms in the coming hours.

Its Sam Smith, it was never going to be good.

I forget who it was, but someone, somewhere was involved in a Bond song and said. "It doesn't matter if the song makes sense... as long as it sounds like a Bond song." This has half-arsed Bondy bits.

It's not half as good as Skyfall was but it was okay as a theme I think, especially when I think of some of the themes that happened in the past, Tomorrow never dies and The World is not enough had music worse then this.

I think half of the problem is that while they may hand over directorial reins the choice of song remains firmly with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson and quite frankly on the basis of many of the efforts over the last two decades they simply aren't very good at picking decent songs or artists that are anything other than currently popular.

They've really dropped the ball this time. At least Adele has a "big" voice suited to a Bond theme (even if her diction isn't the best) and Skyfall sounded like a proper Bond theme but Sam Smith is too reedy, too squeaky and the whole thing lacks any kind of punch.

What you hear after the pre-credits sequence should give you goosebumps and a feeling of anticipation. The only feelings this invokes are nausea and a desire for your own Walther PPK to pistol-whip those responsible.

Not saying I'm a fan of the song, but with skyfall a lot of people first hated what turned out to be an oscar winning theme song...
Yeah, who am I kidding, that's never gonna happen... I won't be quite as harsh as some of you, I think too much focus is put on the bond songs anyway, but I'm slightly disappointed still.

it's not the best theme, not as good as Skyfall or Goldeneye or some of the oldies. The backing (piano and strings) I think are incredible, 60-70% of the vocals I like but it just too high and squeaky in the chorus. That's just my two cents.

Last edited:
The Telegraph (and other sources) are quoting a recent interview with Daniel Craig by Time Out magazine in which he has said he would rather "slash his wrists" than make another Bond film and if he did return it would only be "for the money".

Sure, making a Bond movie is bloody hard work but since he has, according to IMDB, made over $27M from the first three films and will doubtless earn more than Skyfall ($17M) for Spectre I think it's high time he shuffled off. I think he has, barring QoS which was appalling for reasons beyond his control, been a very good 007 but that attitude is an insult both to everyone else who works on the films and all of us who pay to watch them.

Ungrateful bastard. Sod off, give someone else a crack at the role and don't let the door hit you in your "perfectly formed arse" on the way out.

I'll volunteer to be the next Bond.