Speed Racer The Movie trailer

Anyone gonna see the movie? I'm pretty much obligated to go with my uncle since were the only two fans of Speed Racer that we know.

Maybe I'll get drunk before hand.

The movie industry is trying to ruin my childhood, first underdog now this :(
Luckily I have a dvd of the real show :D

I saw a trailer last night in cinemas as I was waiting for the IronMan movie to start.
My not so expert opinion:
Speed Racer will suck ass.
Even without Keanu Reeves.

Last edited:
I can't stand the commercials for this, why does everything have to be ruined with a crappy movie. I mean didn't I see somewhere that they are making a freaking GI Joe movie too, so they have to kill the awesomeness of old toys now too?

I wasn't interested, but I think I may go watch it in IMAX.

My little nephew and I saw this yesterday and we both had a great time. The casting is spot on, the visuals are nothing short of incredible, and the film's packed with enough action to keep your attention for 2+ hours. :thumbup: from me.

Also, Christina Ricci saying "cool beans" is so damn hot. :p

Were you a fan of the cartoon first? And did you have a good time because your nephew had a good time or was it actually a good movie?

Were you a fan of the cartoon first? And did you have a good time because your nephew had a good time or was it actually a good movie?
I'm not a huge Speed Racer fan, but I've watched a few episodes. It really is a good movie, nice change of pace. We all need to just sit down and unplug every once in a while at the cinema. :)