Spied: 2009 Lotus Esprit

vanMould

Car(s)
Volvo 480ES -88
Lotus1.jpg

Lotus2.jpg

Lotus.jpg

www.autoscoops.eu said:
The introduction of the new lotus esprit has been postponed up to December 2009, but car-sneered got hold of already some photograph of a prototype. The sport-loving for the of maleisische proton provides the tweezits sportwagen with V8-motor. Officially it sounds that be able process DNA and other improvements the introduction has been postponed "more lotus" in the draft form of the car. It is therefore plausible that the car will change the photographed model still on many points and no longer than a technical prototype is. However, it is certain that lotus holds to the concept V8-middenmotor placed of tweezitter with transversely. According to niet-bevestigde rumours go it for 367 pk strong 4.8 petrol engine of Bmw-origine. Annually about 2,000 stuks can be built of the new esprit. One copies cost at least 100,000 euro. Beside the esprit - of which the name was accidentally confirmed by the lotus CEO in an interview - lotus also still cooperates to a four door developed with proton (May 2008) and vierzits sportwagen (December 2008).

Source:
http://www.autoscoops.eu/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1170745200&archive=

I'm liking that front end.

It's Lotus, they just went to the stationary shop and bought 300 bottles of tip-ex correction fluid. Then their car broke down on the way back...

If they have any left over they're going to do the interior switch labelling with it.

I know its against regulations... but bring back pop-up headlights, its not that hard to figure out.

An Esprit with no pop-ups is like a Mini with square headlights. :(

I hope that will be an astonishing car with Top Gear laptimes resembling the Z06 and Noble M15.

Sorry Ive been away from Blighty for a few years. They banned pop head lights?

There are no brand new cars in the world you can buy with pop-ups... because of pedestrian safety tests.

:mad:

That has to be the most half-assed camo job ever. I think more companies should follow suit.

static said:
Back reminds me more than little Veyron.

Has a bit of ferrari-ish flatness to it as well

Why the hell DO people walk on the road? That's not what it's meant for, if you're dumb enough to do it, then they should make the cars as dangerous as ever as a sort of incentive to stay off, otherwise you deserve to get run over... /rant

Ive always said i'd rather get killed by an NSX Mk1 doing 150MPH...... rather than a generic econobox doing 40MPH.

Like Clarkson always says, rather get killed amazingly than strapped to wires ekeing out the last few seconds

Hey, that's why I want the FJ Cruiser with an ARB offroad front bumper.

Are modifications like that illegal in the UK/EU? Over here in the US you have a great freedom when it comes to your car as long as it meets emissions and the basic safety requirements.

Those looks great, for taking out deer and other things on the road.

FJ%20ARB%202.jpg