Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
013120071338112603.jpg

013120071338133908.jpg

013120071338132240.jpg

013120071338146339.jpg

013120071338157745.jpg

013120071338164864.jpg

The 911 continues to evolve, ever so slowly.
BY STEVE SILER, PHOTOGRAPHY BY GUY POREPP
January 2007

For some car companies, evolution involves making radical changes at regular intervals to their products in order to maintain their appeal. However, that?s not the way it works at Porsche, whose notoriously fast cars get updated at a notoriously glacial pace, at least in terms of style, even while sometimes major advancements occur under the skin.

Even so, the slight changes that will find their way to the iconic Carrera within the next year or so are not so insignificant as to make it past the watchful eye of our European spy photographers, one of whom exasperated a Porsche test driver (who was stupid enough to venture onto Germany?s public roads in a future Carrera) by following him about while snapping away.

Specifically, what he got was a pretty, blue, badge-less 2009 Carrera S clearly showing off new quad-element HID headlamps nestled within the Carrera?s not-new ovoid surrounds. Beneath the familiar frog eyes are enlarged air intakes into which the turn signals are integrated (thankfully in a horizontal arrangement, as opposed to the fang-like design on the 2008 Cayenne). A subtle lower lip extends from the chin spoiler and continues all the way down the bodysides and into the rear bumper. Said bumper has been revised to accommodate wider-set tailpipes and, unfortunately, droopy Cayenne-style LED taillamps.

As for any major mechanical advancements that often accompany styling updates? Porsche has remained typically tight-lipped, but we don?t expect much of a horsepower bump from the 325/355 of the current Carrera/Carrera S?which wouldn?t be such a bad thing, given that from a mechanical standpoint, the 911 has already evolved into virtual perfection.

Source

The tail lights don't look too good with the spoiler down but really fit in nicely when it's up... Those exhaust pipes are very nice too.

For some reason, the taillights remind me of the lights on the 3 series coupe...just a bit...

I'm not sure about those taillights

it looks like thats the only very noticeable difference, and im not too sure about them either

It still looks the same, and that's a good thing... Why do any radical changes to a winning team...?

It still looks the same, and that's a good thing... Why do any radical changes to a winning team...?

My comments were on the styling, not the fact that the 911 is (and will always be, unfortunately) the measure by which all sports coupes have to be judged.

the taillights look like they came from the cayenne=\=\...but the pipes are sick:D...and according to leftlane news theres going to be a 7 speed DSG and direct fuel injection and the 3.8 F6 will be producing about 380hp

I definitely don't like the Coxster front bumper, makes it look cheap.

I've never been much of a fan of the 911, something about driving a 40 year old engineering mistake doesn't fill me with confidence, and those damn tail lights don't help. The new pipes are nice though.... but there's a wait of a two years? For new tailpipes and tail lights?

Cayman-frog please.

Just face it Porsche - you've perfected its design! Now leave it alone and let time decay its image. When it dies, it dies - let it go.

// Yes I love its design. As bone said - "one sexy frog" ;)

I wonder why they didn't keep the taillight design of the 996 Carrera 4S, I thought they would use it on all their 911 product line as it looks quite cool.

taillights look interesting on first glance, gives you something to look at, looks alright in that third shot from a distance