Spied: 2010 Ford Mustang

Elmo187

Car(s)
Cobalt SS/SC-SN95 5.0 Stang-Toyota Corolla AE86
Courtesy of The Car Connection:
The auto world is expecting a mid-cycle facelift for Ford's Mustang by the 2010 model year, and by the looks of this heavily camouflaged prototype, the '10 Mustang will go that route with a new front and rear fascia, including grille, headlamps and taillights.

Along with its exterior revamp, the 'Stang will also get a revised interior, although this prototype's interior was also heavily covered and we couldn't get any clues as to the extent of any cabin changes.
12500_XZCJKNOQLWLVY.jpg

Only thing I can for sure say is different from that picture is the rear spoilier! Looks like a duck tail type spoiler.

Wow they really do a good job at concealing the cars shape, its basically fully wrapped in black tarp.

"mid-cycle facelift" ? This car has been around for ages already. And by 2010 they are going to just facelift it!

"mid-cycle facelift" ? This car has been around for ages already. And by 2010 they are going to just facelift it!

There will also been new (V6) engines and other changes. Remember that the 350Z has remained basically unchanged for longer.

Last edited:

the design of the Foxbody was around from 1979 to 1993 recieving only 3 facelifts.

1979-1983:
large%20di%20ford%20mustang%201979.jpg

1983-1986:
Ford_Mustang_03.jpg

1987-1993:
ford-mustang-gt-1987-front-1_219.jpg

The Ford Ka has been around for nearly 12 years with no face lift. All it has had is the old engine replaced with the Duratech.

Yeah, but that seems to be just because everyone have just forgotted Ka, even Ford. Mustang has been in the spotlight for quite long time, thats why I assumed there was a new one coming up.
But yeah, good point on the 350Z.

Yeah, but that seems to be just because everyone have just forgotted Ka, even Ford. Mustang has been in the spotlight for quite long time, thats why I assumed there was a new one coming up.
But yeah, good point on the 350Z.

Dude. The current body style debuted for the 2005 MY. I dont think 2-3 years is ages.

The New Beetle looks the same as it did when it debuted in what, 1997?

There will also been new (V6) engines and other changes. Remember that the 350Z has remained basically unchanged for longer.

The difference is that the Mustang looked different and retro compared to everything else out at the time of its release. That effect, in my opinion, has worn off now.
The Z4 has been around since 2002 and the 350Z since 2003 while the Mustang has only been around for the past two years. But the Mustang sells in much larger numbers so people see it more often. Common doesn't necessarily mean ugly, but the Mustang has definitely lost a lot of its visual impact.