Splinter Cell: Conviction

I do the same. As soon as I get done clearing a big area, I go back and run it again and play with different tactics.

And the sticky cam is fantastic when you don't have an execution. Stick it by two bad guys, get close to the 3rd, detonate, hand kill the 3rd guy and you're ready for the next room. Beautiful stealth kills in less then 2 seconds.

Anyone see the new Gamestop commercial? :lol:

I hate how they say it's "exclusively on Xbox 360" like the PC version doesn't exist, or Ubi telling them not to market the PC version or something. Either that, or it's just that shotgun that's exclusive for the X360.

Edit: Also, Gamestop.ca is saying the PC version is delayed until April 27th. :( Oh well, if they need some more time on it to make it nice and polished and not a shitty port, then I'm all for it.

Edit 2: I also really hope that they spend all this time hyping the Xbox 360 version until it's release date, then spend the two weeks after to hype the PC version until it's release with some PC-exclusive trailers, gameplay footage, and a demo.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I've found an insanely fast way to clear the room with that small EMP bomb being tested.

When you head toward the warehouse, go to the right side, not the left.

-Open the door quietly and do a silent kill of the guard inside.

-Step just slightly into the main room. The guard closest to you, with his back turned to you, will start to walk away. DON'T kill him yet.

-Step back into the room you came from. Wait for that same guard to get close to the door your waiting by and grab him as a human shield.

-Pull him to a dark area and kill him.

-Move back outside and move to the right side of the building.

-Go up the pipe and enter the warehouse through the window.

-Grab the pipe above and move your way to the middle of the room.

-Select your sticky cam and throw it into the small room with the guard that's watching the test.

-Mark the two guards talking and the one below you for execution.

-Aim at the hook holding the EMP bomb in the room. FIRE.

-QUICKLY detonate the sticky bomb.

-Execute the remaining 3 guards.

It happens faster than it reads. But that's the most efficient and effective way to clear that room.

Last edited:
^sounds like someone's turning into jack bauer. "My names Johnny Racer and this is the longest game of my life. The following events occur in real time."

A bit off topic, but I think I know which car Sam Fisher will have in the next Splinter Cell... :hmm:

[youtube]klURoLNPRdg[/youtube]

I think that'll be my next car also, just because Sam Fisher is recommending it to me.

:mrgreen:

Edit: For those who don't know: that's Michael Ironside's voice in that commercial and he also voices Sam Fisher. :)

Last edited:
After he gets done saying his last line in that commercial, they should have dubbed in the "whachiiiing" sound the goggles make.

actually i'd go as far to say that if they ever make a Splinter Cell movie whichever actor they get to play Sam Fisher should have his voice replaced with the voice of Michael Ironside. any other voice would be close to blasphemy and kind of like getting someone other than James Earl Jones to do Darth Vader's voice.

If they ever do a movie, I wouldn't even accept it's existance if it's not animated with Michael Ironside providing the voice for Sam Fisher.

Last edited:
actually having thought about this, i'm surprised that no ones done a animated version of Splinter Cell/Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon before since each have their own storylines and would probably transition well onto a animated feature. Especially since nearly every game at the moment seems to have some kind of tie in being released. Only have to look at the recent Dante's Inferno animated film being released and the Asassins Creed mini movie that ubisoft did to tie in with the release of Assassins Creed 2.
I'd really like to see them do something like this since i've enjoyed all of the Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan movies that have come out (Hunt For Red October still being one of my favorite films). Given the amount of potential here its surprising that Ubisoft haven't done something about it.

Edit: Also, Gamestop.ca is saying the PC version is delayed until April 27th. :( Oh well, if they need some more time on it to make it nice and polished and not a shitty port, then I'm all for it.

They usually jew out on the PC versions and ship them out later. Two weeks is quite a lot though. Might be that they're usually all their facilities to print console disks and will do the few PC copies that they'll print later.

They usually jew out on the PC versions and ship them out later. Two weeks is quite a lot though. Might be that they're usually all their facilities to print console disks and will do the few PC copies that they'll print later.

Don't bring your racist remarks here you anti-semitic fuck! :mad: Enjoy your neg-rep, moron.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just can't stand that.

Last edited:
A negrep? What a gyp! A bit overly sensitive there, eh buddy? If there's one thing I'm not, it's a racist. I'm a smartass, a jackass, and a smelly ass, but not race...ass... :banana:

Enjoy not having a neg-rep, moron.

Back on topic...

Is anyone else annoyed at how non-Splinter Cell this game is?

It seems that there is no way to avoid confrontation (granted, I've only played a short time, so correct me if I'm wrong) and that there's only a "kill" option and no ability to knock people unconscious or even pick up and move dead bodies.

Progression is always good, but I think that they alienated some of the more hardcore gamers with this title. It's only a demo, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Alienating the hardcore fans attracted more action fans because the majority of people didn't like the old SCs because they were too "slow paced". I love the old SCs, but the thing that attracted me most about this game is Sam's story. Sure, it won't be as stealthy as before, but it will still be damn good, you can count on that! :D

And plus, the demo is supposedly a year old, so the final game will be a HUGE improvement on anything wrong with the demo. :)

Last edited:
Alienating the hardcore fans attracted more action fans because the majority of people didn't like the old SCs because they were too "slow paced". I love the old SCs, but the thing that attracted me most about this game is Sam's story. Sure, it won't be as stealthy as before, but it will still be damn good, you can count on that! :D

It will be good for free as I wont pay for anything that Ubisoft makes that has that retarded DRM on it.