Splinter Cell: Conviction

^ Don't you have a Xbox 360? The DRM is a shame, but it's not gonna stop me from getting this game; I just love Sam Fisher too much (that sounded kinda gay :p). :)

Anyway, a new video:

I have everything, but prefer PC because it is filled with the least whiny asshole kids. I know I work in a gaming store. So if one company fucks over PC (cough*IW*cough) I don't buy their games anymore.

went into my local GAME store today and pre-ordered my copy of the Special Edition of SC:Conviction on the Xbox 360. i had pre-ordered it with GameStation however after the mess of trying to the Mass Effect 2 Special Edition i've opted for biting the bullet and getting it from GAME.
Really looking forward to the games release now. GAME offered to contact me to let me know when the game is going to be released to which i said "no thanks, i'm counting the days down to this one. Don't need any more remainders."

saw this vid on Youtube on a Demo playthrough in perfect stealth. I've not done this method since when i play the demo i tend to leave a trail of corpses behind me but was still interesting viewing.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXKZ6nGetfA[/youtube]

Future Shop is offering quite a deal for pre-ordering; first, you get $5 off, which is a huge deal since not everyone is going to offer a brand new game with a discount, and you get a this bonus gift:

10139994.jpg

It's an illuminated coaster, a head lamp, and a code to download the SC3000 assault rifle, all inside a padded briefcase. :D

Not a bad deal at all, I'm gonna get it! :D

Well it is a party in LA, so what do you expect? :lol:

Lol...they are holding red-carpet, Hollywood-style launch "parties" for a demo? I didn't know they were that desperate to be taken seriously.

Not that I'm complaining about the eyecandy...

Three new videos demonstrating different features/tactics. :D

Grenades:

Traps:

Last Known Position:

Sam isn't very stealthy in those videos, but it looks DAMN fun! :)

I'm not gonna play the game like that at all, well, maybe after a few stealthy playthroughs. :D

Last edited:
Here's another series of 9 videos showing off even more features:

Acrobatics

Stealth Hand-To-Hand Kills
[video=youtube;IoM94-jpCjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoM94-jpCjY[/video]

Using The Environment

Mark & Execute

Creating A Path Of Shadows
[video=youtube;46aBYj7T4-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46aBYj7T4-4[/video]

Hunting From Above
[video=youtube;CiVEdh-WsLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVEdh-WsLE[/video]

EMP

How To Breach And Clear A Room

Sticky Camera

:w00t:

its only just about a week now until the game goes on release. really looking forward to getting it now after watching those clips. i know what i'm doing next weekend. On the bonus side, being able to do this in co-op with another player in Deniable Ops mode is going to be insanely awesome.

I heard that IGN is going to post the first review tomorrow at 5pm PST (8pm EST). :w00t:

got the demo of it the other day, and love playing through it with different approaches. game really has a Bourne feel to it, you feel like a really ruthless killer. definitely going to be buying it next week.

Now, if only my new 360 elite were modded, I'd be playing in 2 hours... If you catch my drift...

i was reading Major Nelson's release information for things regarding Xbox Live and noticed this
Xbox Avatar Marketplace:
These are just a few of the collections scheduled for the Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace.
April 13: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
April 15: Forza Motorsport 3
have my avatar look like Sam Fisher or possibly a Third Echelon agent? hell yeah! especially some of those 3 eyed goggles.

Now, if only my new 360 elite were modded, I'd be playing in 2 hours... If you catch my drift...

Yeah, the Xbox version has already been leaked and people are already providing live feeds of the gameplay on Justin.tv. :D

I'm not gonna watch them in fear of spoilers. :)

Yeah, the Xbox version has already been leaked and people are already providing live feeds of the gameplay on Justin.tv. :D

I'm not gonna watch them in fear of spoilers. :)

i've already warned friends that if anyone spoils the game for me before i get it next week. i will personally track them down and do things to them that would make Sam Fisher toss his cookies.

Michael Ironside Interview:

Edit: THE IGN REVIEW IS UP!!!

Edit 2: Damn, the SP campaign is only 5 hours long? Really, Ubi? :(

I hope it's 5 hours on easy and on a speed run (M&E-ing all the time). If I try to play it on realistic, trying not to use M&E, and taking it slow like the older games I hope to get at least 7-8 hours.

Last edited: