Splinter Cell: Conviction

My new wallpaper:

http://img44.imageshack.**/img44/2919/splintercellconvictionl.jpg

:D

Look at the cover of the latest issue of Games TM:

GTM_086.jpg

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I would love to get a bigger picture of that, or some scans from someone who bought it, because it is supposed to contain some vital information. ;)

Last edited:
This is coming to the PC, yes?

never really been a big fan of the Splinter Cell games, but i'll admit... this one does look really good.

This is coming to the PC, yes?

Yep. :D

Xbox 360 and PC exclusive.

Might come out on PS3 later. :dunno:

I have always had this thought about comparing the Splinter Cell games to the Terminator movies:

Terminator 1 = Splinter Cell (1) and Pandora Tomorrow (2): Great games/movies for their times, but not as good as the sequel.

Terminator 2 = Chaos Theory (3): Awesome movie/game; best of the series, so far.

Terminator 3 = Double Agent (4): Not nearly as good as predecessors, but still pretty good.

Terminator Salvation (4) = Conviction (5): Still not as good as the first games/movies, but much better than the last.

I truly think that, although it probably won't be as good as Chaos Theory, I will be satisfied if it's a lot better than Double Agent. I expected the same with the new Terminator movie; I knew it won't be as good as Terminator 2, but had high hopes for it being better than T3, and I was satisfied. Let's hope it happens again here! :D

Last edited:
Developer presentation at PAX09.

[YOUTUBE]RYzZ3fHr1OU[/YOUTUBE]

GOGGLES!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Haven't played the series after Pandora Tomorrow, but this might be interesting. Although I find the "last know position" thing a bit silly, why would someone focus their search on the spot they lost sight? I mean, if it's not there it's not there!

I guess I add it to the list of things to buy later.

Haven't played the series after Pandora Tomorrow, but this might be interesting. Although I find the "last know position" thing a bit silly, why would someone focus their search on the spot they lost sight? I mean, if it's not there it's not there!

I guess I add it to the list of things to buy later.

You should pick up Chaos Theory (3rd one). It is highly regarded as the best in the series.

Got to love the brutality. Definitely goes on the to buy list. Oh wait, I already said that..well, now I'm quite sure. :D

each time i see new content from this game it just makes me want it more and more.

TRAILER FROM TGS 09, REALEASE DATE CONFIRMED 2.23.2010!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]o3CdOs669l0[/YOUTUBE]

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

This will be a nice birthday present (my b-day is Feb. 21)! :D:D:D

getting this.... had all the previous SC games and loved them.

this looks epic... but no word on PS3 version? i've just decided to buy one since its going to make a great deal more sense in the living room of my new flat than a 360 would. suppose i have plenty of time to pick up a second hand 360 just for those games that wont make it to PS3

it might be a case of when the XBox version will be released, a PS3 version could be released a while after that. Given the buzz being generated around this game, i wouldn't be surprised at Microsoft attempting to get some exclusivity rights to the game.

bumping this post for a new video that is really worthwhile watching. it looks like the developers of this game have been paying attention to the recent Batman:Arkham Asylum game.
All i know is that i want this game, right now!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJf1KHmLS7Y[/YOUTUBE]