Sports coup?s: Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 911S or BMW M6?

Sports coup?s: Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 911S or BMW M6?

• Total voters
So far I'm the only one to pick the M6 its way more practical than the others, I find it better looking that the 911, yes it us uglier than the aston and jag but so is everything else in this world. My main reason was the 500 hp V10, given the choice I just cant turn down such an epic engine.

I'm in the M6 boat as well. I think it looks downright incredible in M-trim, and here in the States, you can get it with a proper 6-speed manual. The idea of having a high-revving V10 engine just tickled my Formula 1 fantasies...until the FIA mandated V8 engines :(

The Aston Martin is hands down the prettiest, but I think I'd still take an M6. Now, if you throw in the convertible Aston, then it's truly game over.

0669_04.jpg

amv8_rdstr_00.jpg

I'd go for the Jag.

Partly because there's a Jag dealership within 100km of where I live (a big plus for servicing), and partly because I like the supercharger whine, but I'd have to get it in a colour which matches in well with that mesh, it's the only thing i don't like about the XKR.

The Aston has a better badge/sound, the BMW has a better engine, and the Porsche is an iconic sports coupe, but I'd still take the Jag :)

Tell me specifically why the M6 is cool.

As Hammond would say "It looks and is a butch car".
If cars would look like people the M6 would definetly look like a mans man. A rough beard and with a shovel in his hand working at a construction site.

The Aston Martin and the Jag look metrosexual. Looks like they are more concerned about how they look and smell... wearing perfume... some fancy shoes.

And Porsche is just not unique enough.

As Hammond would say "It looks and is a butch car".
If cars would look like people the M6 would definetly look like a mans man. A rough beard and with a shovel in his hand working at a construction site.

The Aston Martin and the Jag look metrosexual. Looks like they are more concerned about how they look and smell... wearing perfume... some fancy shoes.

And Porsche is just not unique enough.

The reason why the M6 looks as you say, is because it is very ugly. And because the AMV8 and the Jaguar are very good looking cars and the M6 isn't, BMW had to do something in order to hide all that ugliness from their fastest car so people can like it. Sorry, but thats very uncool imho.

And about the metrosexual thing, I don't think that the AMV8 and the XK were designed with that philosophy. Styling is a very big issue in cars and somebody has to keep up the torch. The Audi TT is metrosexual, not the XK and the AMV8.

I'd pick the M6, I think it looks great, I would not fit in an aston/jag and I've never liked Porsche styling. Basing this on no experience whatsoever i also believe the BMW to have better build quality and comfort. The engine is another big plus.

The reason why the M6 looks as you say, is because it is very ugly. And because the AMV8 and the Jaguar are very good looking cars and the M6 isn't, BMW had to do something in order to hide all that ugliness from their fastest car so people can like it. Sorry, but thats very uncool imho.

And about the metrosexual thing, I don't think that the AMV8 and the XK were designed with that philosophy. Styling is a very big issue in cars and somebody has to keep up the torch. The Audi TT is metrosexual, not the XK and the AMV8.

OK... what makes the 6-series SOOOOO ugly?!
It is not an ugly car... :S because Clarkson said it is ugly? Haha... he is a bald, aging man with way too many opinions ^_^ that contradict all his other opinions. :) He is ugly. Ugly in an entertaining way but still ugly. No matter what you say, compared to the M6 the Jag and Aston look Metro. If you like it then good.

Last edited:
OK... what makes the 6-series SOOOOO ugly?!
It is not an ugly car... :S

Dunno mate, I really don't like it. From the front its nice to look at (no denying that), but from the back or on profile its like "get this garbage out of my sight". Its a personal opinion, if you like it its none of my business. ;)

Last edited:
I'd have the Vantage myself. The Jag is good, but there's just something special about an Aston. I like the sound a lot better too, not to mention the interior is much nicer. To me, the M6 looks ungainly and the 911 is too common around here. (I would see 2 or 3 a week when I went to school in Columbus)

i dont think i would be able to choose between the M6, XKR or Carrera S. The Carrera is said to be the most balanced car of the 3, the XKR is the best looking and i happen to like it for some reason, and the M6 is the most insane.

The Carrera S is too common but is the most obvious choice. That would drive me to want one of the other two. It's probably the best car out of the 3 i listed, but i dont know if i would buy it.

I cant stand how the M6 looks from the back, i know its not a huge deal but it just looks terrible. The M6 is also a bit more expensive than the XKR, again not a huge deal in this price range but its still something to consider for arguments sake.

So it'll come down to a coin toss. Heads is M6 and tails is XKR.

AM isnt metrosexual, AM in a man would be like james bond, SUAVE! :O

i guess thats why he drive one :)

I choose the physically slowest and emotionally fastest: the AM V8 Vantage!

2nd ex-aequo: 911S and M6
4th: XKR (terribly ugly)

Last edited:
You've gotta be joking.

Front looks like a cat, the attached deck spoiler looks ridiculous, the rear lights are either too small or too centered... it doesn't look like a Jag' for me. The older XKR, on the other hand, is one of the best looking car ever.

You could say "what about the M6". I'd answer that at least it tries to have a design (and doesn't look that bad in my opinion).

Front looks like a cat, the attached deck spoiler looks ridiculous, the rear lights are either too small or too centered... it doesn't look like a Jag' for me. The older XKR, on the other hand, is one of the best looking car ever.

You could say "what about the M6". I'd answer that at least it tries to have a design (and doesn't look that bad in my opinion).

The old XKR looked more like a proper Jaguar (the animal) but the new one is one of the best looking cars ever made. I've said my opinion on the M6 before in this specific thread, I'm not gonna repeat myself.

http://img296.imageshack.**/img296/1175/bmw20serie20m62020profivh9.jpg