Sports coup?s: Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 911S or BMW M6?

Sports coup?s: Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 911S or BMW M6?

• Total voters
http://img296.imageshack.**/img296/1175/bmw20serie20m62020profivh9.jpg

Wether you like it or not, the lines are pure, the design is consistant and balanced. I'm not a fan of new BMW design but it looks quite nice for me, as well as original.

The old Jag' XKR is absolutely stunning: elegance, refinement, elegant aggressivity of a feline...

2005_XKR.jpg

The new one looks like it's crying for its design, its low chin is too far ahead (especially compared to the sideskirts), the deck spoiler is stupid (they could have it integrated to the trunkdoor at least). The nice design cues are the overall lateral shape (from Aston Martin) and shape of lateral windows (also taken from AM, except the rounded rear end).

3052279196-jaguar-xkr-convertible.jpg

iunno why

but i would like the xkr more if they could put the actual jaguar on the hood and changed the grill a little, then it'd be hawt secks :O

The only thing i can argue is the fact that people thought the last generation XK looked fat and ungainly when it came out. And now its widely regarding as a classic, elegant design. I think the new XK looks quite good in real life, not something i can say about the M6. The M6 is definately imposing, but beautfil? not if you ask me

i did see a m6 up close the other day and i must admit, it didnt turn much head compared to like a db7

i did see a m6 up close the other day and i must admit, it didnt turn much head compared to like a db7

That's the point of BMWs. I really liked the E36 M3 and E34 M5 for this. I remember when I was about 12 in the back of my father's friend unbadged M5 Touring, a 911 came aside to tease him. You should have seen the face of the 911's driver being outaccelerated at highway speeds.

Exactly.

And also, I have a point to make. Why is the BMW M6 in this thread? We're talking about SPORT COUPES right? The M6 is a GT car, not a sport coupe.

Nah, somebody's gonna say, the XKR is a GT car too. Well it is less GT than the M6 and more sports car than the M6 too. The M6 is to compete with the Aston Martin DB9 and the Bentley Continental GT, not sports cars like the 911 and the AMV8 or the XKR. Its priced as the AMV8 so people will prefer it from the more expensive DB9 and Continental GT and from the less powerful (but in the same price range) AMV8.

Last edited:
AMV8 for me - I don't care that it's not the absolute best, most rational choice, I adore it.

As Hammond would say "It looks and is a butch car".
If cars would look like people the M6 would definetly look like a mans man. A rough beard and with a shovel in his hand working at a construction site.

The Aston Martin and the Jag look metrosexual. Looks like they are more concerned about how they look and smell... wearing perfume... some fancy shoes.

And Porsche is just not unique enough.

So you want to ride around on a mans man with a rough beard huh...

Me I prefer the opposite sex so It would be the Aston or Jag not sure which though would have to think about it.

So you want to ride around on a mans man with a rough beard huh...

Me I prefer the opposite sex so It would be the Aston or Jag not sure which though would have to think about it.

Thats a very stupid interpretation. :lol:

Exactly.

And also, I have a point to make. Why is the BMW M6 in this thread? We're talking about SPORT COUPES right? The M6 is a GT car, not a sport coupe.

Nah, somebody's gonna say, the XKR is a GT car too. Well it is less GT than the M6 and more sports car than the M6 too. The M6 is to compete with the Aston Martin DB9 and the Bentley Continental GT, not sports cars like the 911 and the AMV8 or the XKR. Its priced as the AMV8 so people will prefer it from the more expensive DB9 and Continental GT and from the less powerful (but in the same price range) AMV8.

The 6-serie is a GT, but the M6 is a sport coupe, as well as the M5 is a sport sedan.

The 6-serie is a GT, but the M6 is a sport coupe, as well as the M5 is a sport sedan.

Nope. The M6 is more a long distance cruiser that can be a sports car on a track.

The M5 is a 4 door saloon that wants to be a sports car. But it can't. You can call it a sport sedan, though. I agree with that.

Last edited:
Remember when the prototype was first brought to the Top Gear studio?

Rumor has it, according to Top Gear's supposed "spies", a 500 bhp version will arrive later in the XK's life.

That should assure its automotive supremacy.

I guess it'll be the equivalent to the XKR-R, in which case it might come in manual ?

Remember when the prototype was first brought to the Top Gear studio?

Rumor has it, according to Top Gear's supposed "spies", a 500 bhp version will arrive later in the XK's life.

That should assure its automotive supremacy.

I guess it'll be the equivalent to the XKR-R, in which case it might come in manual ?

Dude, I've been waiting for someone to mention this. I really hope they do an XKRR with 500bhp one day, so it can thrash out the M6. Go Jag. \m/ :wub:

PS. I really hope it comes with a manual gearbox like the previews XKRR did. Shame it didn't go into production. Lets hope they do it now.

Both polls give fascintating results:

View Poll Results: 911 Carrera S, Aston Martin Vantage or BMW M6

Porsche Carrera 911 S 28 votes 31.11%
Aston Martin V8 Vantage 36 votes 40.00%
BMW M6 26 votes 28.89%

01/02/2007

When I first saw the two polls I thought that the Porsche would be ahead. Yet, the AMV8 Vantage is the one who has the lead. And thats good.

If the XKR is as good as JC said last Sunday on Top Gear, and we remember how good that XKRR from Series 2 was, a new XKRR with up to 500bhp and a limited slip diff would be absolutely EXCELLENT. :wub:

I would personally buy (when it's released) the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante. And I don't care if it's a bit slower than the Jag, I won't drive it on a racetrack, but the Aston looks soooo much better.