Spot Them Beater Cars

That tape is there to give the painter an idea of where to put the stripes. :lol:

Seen today:

Polishing Painting a turd keeps the turd alive. :lol:
2016-03-30_Mi__9_.JPG

That is clearly visible. How did he bend the rear axle?

that's rear wheel drive?
with fixed axle?
how do you bend that but still are able to drive?
or did it become 1WD? :p

No, that is front wheel drive with a solid rear axle in the back.

^ Yeah, the Cayenne has reached my drive-it-into-the-ground level. Heavy bastard tough.

Seen the VW brother today:

Bangernomics Tuareg
DSC04473.JPG

Spotted at work

joxCSYk.jpg

The SSR is more interesting.

In what way? Who ever thought a folding hardtop convertible truck with a tonneau you can't remove was a good idea?

1yXHnhu.png

In what way? Who ever thought a folding hardtop convertible truck with a tonneau you can't remove was a good idea?

It is just an oddball of the automotive world. Besides, the top is kinda fun to watch unfold/fold up.

I loved the SSR. It wasn't good, but it was unique. I wish more car companies had the balls to make crazy stuff like that.

I loved the SSR. It wasn't good, but it was unique. I wish more car companies had the balls to make crazy stuff like that.

SSR owners tend to be just as unique as their cars(?) (trucks??). At many of the car shows in our region, the people (often wives/girlfriends) working registration usually don't question the classes (numbered) that the car owners request. A couple of years ago, we had a really irate SSR owner come up to the judges' table after the trophy presentation. He was pissed because his SSR didn't win a trophy when it was soooo much nicer than the other entrants in the Antique Truck class...

Yeah, the judges should have caught it, but they either didn't or were just so amazed by class choice that they thought they'd let him get his just desserts... :rolleyes:

SL

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
_full.jpg

The 626 you can see on the right side was in almost as bad shape as the poor little Nissan. Dunno how long they've been standing on that same parking lot, beause I'm quite sure I've seen them before. They're both packed full with random crap and spare parts (I think the Nissan had an exhaust pipe and the Mazda had a green door in the trunk).

_full.jpg

The other side of this Merc looked just as bad. I did see it moving under its own power later the same day, though.

_full.jpg