Sprechen Sie deutsch? Ziellos Gedanke?

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
As I'm trying to teach myself some German, I'm getting hung up with not using certain verbs correctly and it's only briefly explained with the software I'm using.

With the words "m?chte" and "m?chten." I was trying to find a pattern and I'm just not. When is the correct time to use each word?

Figured this would be better than just filling up the random thoughts thread.:)

Last edited:
Most verbs conjugate the same way. "I" verbs end in "e", and we verbs end in "en". He/she/they tends to be also "en" if I remember right...I haven't actually spoken any since 1996 when I was in Germany for a month...and what I had was only 1.5 years in rural American public high school German classes...

With the words "m?chte" and "m?chten." I was trying to find a pattern and I'm just not. When is the correct time to use each word?

Joe's right on the money, singular vs plural form. For completeness,

Ich m?chte
Du m?chtest
Er/Sie/Es m?chte
Wir m?chten
Ihr m?chtet
Sie m?chten

...you call that complete? That's complete...

Such a beautiful language!

Every single German sentence translates to 'invade Poland'

Fact.

What are you, British?

Worse....I'm on the recieving end off their usual second wave. :p

Every single German sentence translates to 'invade Poland'

Fact.
Guys, how can a foreigner know about that? We're not secretive enough about that matter and that we already have plans laid out and that the date is certain...

What? Oh, never mind...

Hey man as long as it's Poland it's fine by me..... btw if you see my cleaning lady tell her she's fucking fired!

As you already wrote, you're second on our list, but only to get to France since Belgium is meh anyway. :p

You can keep bloody Belgium, just leave me my hilltop..... you won't like trying to take it anyway :p

Last edited:
Sprechen Sie deutsch? Ziellos Gedanke?

For the life of me, I cannot pronounce "Orangensaft." I know what it is, and what it would be if someone said it but damn, I cannot say it right... Most the throaty words I'm struggling so far but that one's the worst.

On the upside, I can now introduce myself and go to a restaurant and survive.

Last edited:
As I'm trying to teach myself some German, I'm getting hung up with not using certain verbs correctly and it's only briefly explained with the software I'm using.

Figured this would be better than just filling up the random thoughts thread.:)

REICHNUNG.... :D

It was a bill people got in the war. Very exclusive.

For the life of me, I cannot pronounce "Orangensaft." I know what it is, and what it would be if someone said it but damn, I cannot say it right... Most the throaty words I'm struggling so far but that one's the worst.

On the upside, I can now introduce myself and go to a restaurant and survive.

Listen to some Rammstein and sing along, you'll be saying those "R"s in no time. :p :lol:

I really should re-learn german, had it in school for a total of 6 years but that's 15 years ago (fuck am I that old) I can read german alright and somewhat understand it, unless it's spoken with a weird accent or really fast, but I can't speak more than 3-4 word simple sentences.

Listen to some Rammstein and sing along, you'll be saying those "R"s in no time. :p :lol:

And that's why all my German friends say I speak in Hitlerdeutsch :p