Sprechen Sie deutsch? Ziellos Gedanke?

Ich m?chte nicht ausgelacht werrrden! DAS WARRR EIN BEFEHL!!! :lol:

You don't have to say it so loud. :cry:

Can relate, been trying to learn german for about 2 years. I always get kinda stuck/lose focus around the end of the begginer chapters. You can hear me count to 10, ask how much something costs, tell you the table is blue, but that's all nice for a party trick however of little use in Germany.

Mandatory:

Last edited:
Working at a company with lots of foreigners (including myself), I feel the frustration of all the non-German speakers that try to learn that particular language. Apparently it's hard as fuck. And those poor souls chose probably the most hardcore dialect heavy country to learn German. Initially even I struggled (and still do at times) with Swiss German, and I'm from the very south of Germany with a kind of similar dialect to the northern part of Switzerland, but if you're not prepared for it, the very different pronunciation and new words hit you right in the face and leave you asking "uhm... what?".

Reactions: lip
Supposedly, Swabian German is the like that.

I actually like it (more than I expected), and I'm slipping more and more towards my original (sort of similar) dialect, which I tried to surpress during my time at university. I think it's great that the people here embrace their different dialects and keep them alive. On the other hand, to non-native speakers Swiss German probably seems like an awful mess.

After 3 days of not touching Fluenz. I went through the first review and was pleasantly surprised how much I've retained so far. And I now remember when to use M?chte and M?chten. I'm still not up with remember what "sie sind" means but, that's why I went through the review again.

"they are" or "you are", depending on context. :p

Yeah, that thing about "sie" and "Sie" and different meaning depending on context is difficult for me. :|

The gender noun deal is getting easier to understand as shown here:

It depends on what the noun ends in. :)

Also, how the hell is a street feminine?

Last edited:
The gender noun deal is getting easier to understand as shown here:

It depends on what the noun ends in. :)

Also, how the hell is a street feminine?

What do you mean?
(Street is feminine in Portuguese too. :mrgreen:)

How can pavement have a gender?

How can pavement have a gender?

Silly language stuff. You don't think twice about it when it's your mother tongue, but when you try to learn another language all the exception from the rule and the little illogical stuff jumps right at you.

Well, having English as my mother tongue where gender nouns don't exist make harder or difficult. Some things make sense like "the milk". But that's only because milk comes from lady cows and women.